Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sest

Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sest

Any one running the SEST?
I assume there is a torret sight for it somewhere?
I have done some searching and no one really gets into the meat and potatoes of it.
I bought it last weekend, found and loaded the stage 1 map, ran the smart tune utility, reflashed the ECM and am running that map.
It works quite well, I just have some specific questions for people who have been using it for some time, and can't find any above ground forums where it is a main stream topic. Is it that taboo?
Anyone know of a place?
Thanks,
Bob

Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the SEST, and would like to see more discussion about it however this would be more appropriate where Jimmy says.

Now you expect to constantly hear how much better the TTS is and how much the SEST sucks although I've never had any of the problems that the detractors claim.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:21 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I use the SEST, and would like to see more discussion about it however this would be more appropriate where Jimmy says.

Now you expect to constantly hear how much better the TTS is and how much the SEST sucks although I've never had any of the problems that the detractors claim.
No doubt,
as a newcomer to Harley I was real dissapointed that there was not some in depth discussion, as far as files, data in the tables, screen shots of the application and what nots. I inquired and instantly it was "junk", go with XXX and don't look back.
I have searched a few forums, topics, etc.... and specific questions were never really addressed, as it allways turned into an opinion fest and thats where it ended.
I was not a fan of emulating which I see a few of the aftermarket tuners do.

I would bet there are newcomers up and coming who would like some straight scoop on the program, base files, and how to manipulate the data and what it all means. The "readme's" supplied with the software are tricky to follow, but after going through it a couple of times it is pretty simple.

I get the feeling its not "taboo" to talk about so I am going to fire up something in the tuner section that Jimmys recommended.