Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the 1/4 fairing on their Dyna

Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Brattapuss
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
I'm running a Dyna T-sport (FXDXT) 1/4 fairing on my Street Bob and I love it. It does work great for wind deflection but I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea. The SB was bought as a platform which was the closest to how I wanted to start my project, a sport tourer.
http://www.geocities.com/when_pigs_fly_mc/DynaT.htm

Ron

I have the same speakers as you. Where did you mount them to? I currently have them mounted to the two allen head bols on the top clamp, but, I'm going to the same mini apes as you, and they won't fit without relocating? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
I'm running a Dyna T-sport (FXDXT) 1/4 fairing on my Street Bob and I love it. It does work great for wind deflection but I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea. The SB was bought as a platform which was the closest to how I wanted to start my project, a sport tourer.
http://www.geocities.com/when_pigs_fly_mc/DynaT.htm

Ron

I have an FXDXT, with the optional taller windshield. Does all I want of it. When I want more, or ride two up, I get behind the batwing on my dresser!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:46 AM
ernajlb
Advanced

Quack,

I, too am really interested in the FXDXT fairing. How is it for wind, noise and buffetting protection?

It looks great! I hadn't thought about taking this direction on the Dyna.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJim01
I do and I like the look and function. It doesn't really block a lot of wind if you sit straight up, but it does seem to streamline the light and gauges a fair amount. Also it works great for leaning foward into/behind it and blasting through the twisties... then again I'm used to old Norton cafe racers. Now I just gotta get some lower/straighter bars.

For long trips I throw on my quick detachable windscreen... it gives lots more wind protection... especially in the cold.

Capt Jim

http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m338/CaptainJim-01/
Here ya go

Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
ron1026
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

like this

Attached Thumbnails  Anyone have the 1/4 fairing on their Dyna-bike-pics-007.jpg    Anyone have the 1/4 fairing on their Dyna-bike-pics-012.jpg    Anyone have the 1/4 fairing on their Dyna-bike-pics-010.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the slight hijack of the thread ----

Ron,
Your bike looks great. Did you change the barrels or paint them. I've got an 01 with the same colors (except I put a wideglide tank on it) and wanted to clean up the barrels by rattle canning them black. George

Last edited by GeorgeJ; 07-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
ron1026
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I painted them when motor was apart, used a spray can.
Ron

Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brattapuss
I have the same speakers as you. Where did you mount them to? I currently have them mounted to the two allen head bols on the top clamp, but, I'm going to the same mini apes as you, and they won't fit without relocating? Thanks.
The fairing allows me mounting options that wouldn't work without it. I have the speakers mounted on a flat piece of thick plastic, which basically makes a flat dash. The amp is mounted under the plastic and the speakers are obviously mounted on top. It's a quick disconnect system that is independant of the fairing.

The comment that these amps run hot does not apply (so far) for this system. It always runs cool to the touch and has enough juice to power the speakers to a point where I can hear them at 80+mph. The sound quality at that speed isn't great, though. I've had this system for approx 6 months and it has not glitched on me yet.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a great looking bike! Where did you buy your fairing?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Fatbob_Bob
Advanced

Nice bike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have the 1/4 fairing on their Dyna