Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Exhaust Control - how to deactive

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

for a 2014 bike ?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:38 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

You really should just change the whole exhaust pipe.

But if not, then physically open the valve and then fix it open with a screw, wire, rivet etc. Then disconnect the cable that goes to the solenoid motor - or just pull the motor out and throw it away. Then just tuck the connector away.

I'd still say replace the whole pipe though...otherwise you still have the catalytic converter in there.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Franz_72
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
You really should just change the whole exhaust pipe.
But if not, then physically open the valve and then fix it open with a screw, wire, rivet etc. Then disconnect the cable that goes to the solenoid motor - or just pull the motor out and throw it away. Then just tuck the connector away.
Hi adm, I'm gonna replace the whole exhaust of my 2010 Dyna as posted in the thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...a-2010-wg.html

I'm waiting for the delivery of it, should be this week
Now, I'm thinking to completely remove this damned AEC. (motor, wire and butterfly valve).
Do you know if the bike will give errors for the missing AEC valve motor?

Last edited by Franz_72; 08-12-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

The Power Vision software WinPV,has switches to turn on/off active exhaust/intake. Then you can flash to your ECM. You need a Power Vision.Especially if you change exhaust system and intake.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Franz_72
Hi adm, I'm gonna replace the whole exhaust of my 2010 Dyna as posted in the thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...a-2010-wg.html

I'm waiting for the delivery of it, should be this week
Now, I'm thinking to completely remove this damned AEC. (motor, wire and butterfly valve).
I removed the entire motor and cable assembly when i changed my pipe and it didn't throw any error codes - but then again I did already have the PowerVision installed and AES and AIS both set to off.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Franz_72
Yes, on the non-US model ECUs it does give an error. You'll need one of these: https://www.denniskirk.com/daytona-t...rd/2000408.sku

Old 08-23-2015, 07:04 AM
wilrobasy
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default have deactivated active exhaust with tuner

I deactivated the ective exhaust with my power vision tuner, same can be done with a SERT.
However once done the valve is left in the default closed position on my 2014 fatbob.
so upon closer inspection I can see that the cable drive mounted on the battery box has a convenient sized 29mm nut that if you turn counter clockwise it pulls the cable and opens the valve. the resistance provided by the motor is enough to overcome the spring tension on the valve and thus leaves the valve open.

problem solved, bike is now running through both pipes at all rpm and speeds.

see the attcahed pics to show the cable "nut" you need to turn.

Attached Thumbnails Active Exhaust Control -  how to deactive-dsc_0170.jpg   Active Exhaust Control -  how to deactive-dsc_0171.jpg  
Old 07-31-2016, 12:56 PM
frellboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for bringing this back up but I have a question 'bout the active exhaust valve.
I'm planning on having my pipes, short shots, replaced by stock pipes for my Street bob 2007.
These pipes have the active exhaust system, and because the module is not installed, I would like to take advantage of the fact that now I can leave it of.
But blocking the valve in open position and keeping it there, is somewhat a problem.
How do you guys go about this and could you share maybe a picture.
Tried to read it, but english is a bit difficult sometimes.
Greets from Belgium
Ride safe.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:50 AM
tony.budd01@gmail.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
You can check by leaving the bike on the stand, in Neutral and giving it a bit of a rev while watching the butterfly solenoid on the pipe.

When you start, the butterfly opens (as the exhaust is not so loud at idle), when you rev it you'll see the the solenoid activate which closes the valve at higher revs to dampen the sound.
​​​​​​Should I fix the valve in the open or closed position? It squeaks like hell when it opens and closes so I need to fix it one way or other.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:51 PM
renatofcr@yahoo.com.br
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The solution I found was to bend a 1,5 inch piece of hard wire, then inserted one side of the wire in the ferrule orifice, the other side inside the muffler clamp. Worked 100%, valve fully opened.

Last edited by renatofcr@yahoo.com.br; 05-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Active Exhaust Control - how to deactive