Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Exhaust Control - how to deactive

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 AM
mysiar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Exhaust Control - how to deactive

Hi
I wonder if there is any easy way to deactivate Active Exhaust Control ?
I would like to switch it off so the exhaust is not closed when RPMs are rising.
In case of any tech inspections I would like to have option to switch it on back.
I guess you do not have it in US as it is crap made for Europe to make bikes more quiet.

Cheers
Piotr

Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw taht s#it in the factory manual and wondered if it was a California thing. Never thought about being for the ROW. Sorry to hear that.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
mysiar
Advanced

I wonder in what position it the butterfly closing exhaust is when electric on bike is off.
If the butterfly is way open and only shuts when RPMs are rising easy way would be to disconnect the cable which pulls and close it

Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My understanding is that International models in Europe use an Active Intake Control in conjunction with the Active Exhaust Control.

The ECM controls the function of the AIC and can probably be bypassed or 'fooled' by a device that sends a signal to the ECM.

You'll have to research this on your own I think. I'm sure they're out there.

If I were going to guess, I'd say it's a device similar to what's used on 6-Speed Camaros, Corvettes and the 2011 Mustangs that 'fools' the computer into thinking the servo is working when it's not. On those model cars, with the 6-Speed manual, the computer forces you to shift directly from 1st to 4th gear (I think) under a certain RPM. A serious pisser. It didn't take long for industrious Americans to figure out how to bypass it.

This is for 1200s, but maybe it will give you a start --

Electronic emulator for Active Intake Valve

Last edited by Grendel4; 07-08-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 AM
warper
Advanced

Originally Posted by mysiar
I wonder in what position it the butterfly closing exhaust is when electric on bike is off.
If the butterfly is way open and only shuts when RPMs are rising easy way would be to disconnect the cable which pulls and close it
Hi there!

Catalan rider here, I got a TTS Mastertune and disabled it myself, together with some other tuning. I have the possibility of enabling and disabling at will (just have to plug the computer and re-enable it)

If you are planning on getting also a stage 1 intake or whatever you'll have to get this or similar.

If you are not planning on upgrading your intake or engine, then you could go to your dealer and ask them to disable the damn butterfly.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
mysiar
Advanced

does PowerCommander V offer the same option to disable and enable it ?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
warper
Advanced

Originally Posted by mysiar
does PowerCommander V offer the same option to disable and enable it ?
No idea... I didn't check PC-V as it was not available when I purchased the TTS, I've read the user guide at their website and I see no reference... better wait for someone with experience with it!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

to deactivate or remove you will need to fit an aftermarket ECM addition. eg PC5, V&H fuelpak etc .......of course sticking new pipes and not just mufflers will be required insome cases.... IMO

Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
AFHuey
Cruiser

You can buy a plug for the connector. I changed my exhaust, plugged the connector, removed the controller off the battery box.

You can always reinstall it before inspections.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can get the eliminator plug you need here: https://www.kitechperformance.com/store.php?crn=438

You then remove the motor and cable and bin them. The valve is normally closed, only opening at high engine speed. You manually pull it open and then jam it into position with something like a pop-rivet.

Quick Reply: Active Exhaust Control - how to deactive