Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures

black wide glide trees, spacers, axle, and 21 with a 100/90/21 tire.

gonna paint the lowers soon, and battery band... maybe the wheels also.

also going to internally wire bars.

and today my pc3 and arlen ness big sucker came it. it was like christmas to get it all in one day. (could use some help figureing it out)

i also need some help wiht the spacers. looking at the bike from the front angle like the picture i have on here... is the bigger spacer on the right or the left side? i didnt pay attention when removing. because i couldnt get caliper to match up, which kinda leads me to believe i just need to put some sort of spacer on it to make it match up? anyways i just took it off and will ride with no front brake for a day or two til i get it figured out.

ill try and get better pictures int he day light

Attached Thumbnails wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures-photo-17-.jpg   wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures-photo-18-.jpg   wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures-photo-20-.jpg   wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures-photo-21-.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks to me like the front tire is closer to the fork on the clutch side, off center, it may just be the angle but it looks like it needs to move more to the throttle side.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 AM
NoCalFXD
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That looks badass! nice work.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Koppster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks good mate, I'm gonna throw on some black fat bob trees soon...

Yes it doesn't look centred. Iv'e noticed a few that for some reason haven't got their spacing right and the wheel is offset.

It just looks so wrong when thats the case but being a fitter and turner I notice stuff like that that some others don't.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ******ball33

and today my pc3 and arlen ness big sucker came it. it was like christmas to get it all in one day. (could use some help figureing it out)

i also need some help wiht the spacers. looking at the bike from the front angle like the picture i have on here... is the bigger spacer on the right or the left side? i didnt pay attention when removing. because i couldnt get caliper to match up, which kinda leads me to believe i just need to put some sort of spacer on it to make it match up? anyways i just took it off and will ride with no front brake for a day or two til i get it figured out.

I'd say you should work on that and the spacing will work itself out.

Oh, and anytime referring to left or right of a motorcycle it is always as you are seated on it.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
AlFoley
Intermediate

I like the look of the new front end, the front tire seems to be offset towards the brake caliper side. If you get the parts reference for a bike with the same front end setup, the parts manual will tell you the spacer sizes and part numbers then can get just those spacers from the dealer. There is at least one company selling a spacer kit with multiple sizes but is expensive and most of the time you only need two of them.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ******ball33

It looks like your wheel is centered, you just need to center the caliper over the rotor. Info below in bold text.

Spacers: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/4087961-post2.html

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Here's what I used: 2006 Wide Glide parts; 21" wheel, upper and lower triple clamps, axle, axle spacers.

From a hardware store: 3/4" spacers and 3/4" longer stainless Allen head bolts for mounting the fender, and stainless washers for shimming (.040" for the caliper & .090" for the rotor) to center the caliper over the rotor.

Use other existing hardware from your bike (axle nut and washer, triple clamp pinch bolts, head bearings nuts and washer, fender nuts, forks, etc.).

I bought the parts from
Zanotti's back in June of 06.

Here are the Harley Davidson part numbers and Zanotti prices:
P/N 46700-06 Upper Triple Clamp.....$ 65.75
P/N 46386-06 Lower Triple Clamp....$139.83
P/N 40923-06 Front Axle..................$ 28.39
P/N 40926-06 RH/FRT Spacer.............$ 4.58
P/N 40927-06 LH/FRT Spacer.............$ 4.58
Total..$243.13

Update: 4/3/08
Axle spacers above are also available in a chrome tapered version P/N 41410-06 Chrome Tapered Front Wheel Spacer Kit $23.51

Original Wide Glide tire replaced with only 7,300 miles on it (Not much tread left). Replaced it with a Avon Venom AM41 90/90-21, widest tire (3.70") I could find that will fit the Wide Glide Profile rim.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 AM
jordanball33
Road Master

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
It looks like your wheel is centered, you just need to center the caliper over the rotor. Info below in bold text.

Spacers: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/4087961-post2.html

thanks again man, i actually went back and referenced your post from a while back and noticed about teh spacers for the brake caliper after i posted this. ive taken all your advice so far and it seems to work. THANKS

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

looks awesome man! love the fatty front

Quick Reply: wide glide front end and 21 inch wheel on 07 street bob pictures