Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Black Denim Light Scratches Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if does what the video says but you might give it a look. Its a little expensive but if it works like they say it might be worth it. They use this product on Denim bikes too.

Just a thought...

Topcoat Master Craftsman F11 Polish Sealer

Old 06-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Fla-kruzen
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was installing the fancy new speedo Harley sales for Softails on my 2012 Fatboy Lo. I had placed microfiber towels on top of the tank. When I took the gauge housing off and turn it over to remove the speedo and the wiring harness got caught on the mounting bolt and the gauge housing slipped and scratched the top of my tank in three places. ****, that's all I see now. The new gauge looks great! but all I see is the scratches in the black denim paint. It funny how bike owners know exactly where all the imperfections are on your own bike, but your the only person who really notices them. Like someone said before, the denim paint is designed to be low maintenance and like a good pair of worn jeans, that's the look you will be getting. If you like shiny bikes, buy one or have your tins repainted. If you have the worn jeans attitude, you will be much happier.

An update: I just used very fine steel wool and Windex on my tank scratches and IT WORKED GREAT! I first tried it on a small scratch on my rear fender and it worked! That made me brave enough to try it on my tank scratches. It worked! I did small circular motions with very light pressure and it worked as stated above! I noted that the scratches were NOT tactile to the touch so I knew they were minor. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Last edited by Fla-kruzen; 06-19-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:36 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

You can just turn your denim pant into vivid black like I did on my old Sporty

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...n-purpose.html

From there on out every scratch just buffs out

Old 09-20-2022, 05:20 PM
VortecCPI
Road Captain
Received 247 Likes on 166 Posts

So... My wife dragged her dirty boot sole across the right bag lid on my 2014 FLHXS with matte black paint. I tried washing and light rubbing with soap and sponge but got nothing. The shiny streak mark seemed to be there forever...

I was about to try the 0000 steel-wool-and-Windex trick but I though I might try Dawn PowerWash as I know Dawn is used to strip wax from autos and bikes. I shot some foam right across the shiny streak mark and waited a few minutes. i then rubbed gently with a sponge to try to blend it in uniformly and when I rinsed and dried it the mark was gone. Not only that but the area where I sprayed Dawn PowerWash was very dull as if the finish was brand new. I then proceeded to spray Dawn PowerWash over the rest of the bag lid and let it sit for a bit and when I rinsed and dried it the lid had a beautiful like-new matte finish. I did the other side and got the same results.

I have been using Zaino auto wash on the bike and I have come to believe it is too gentle on this matte finish. This weekend I will spray down the entire bike with Dawn PowerWash and let you all know how it comes out...