Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1?? How can I tell

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:30 AM
05wideglide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1?? How can I tell

How can I tell if the dealer actually used the correct parts on my stage 1 upgrade. And not just adding the air filter and remap. Does anyone out there have the backing plate part number?? IS there a difference between the air filter cover from the stock one?? Cuz, I am sure I have the stock one still. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1?? How can I tell

Paul, thats an easy one.

The filter cover will remain the same. However, do this simple test. Reach around the edges of the cover. You should be able to feel nothing but air all the way around.

On the original backing plate, you would not be able to do that. It has the same foot ball shape as the cover. The SE backing plate with K&N filter is round, not football shaped, therefore letting more air in.

Now comes a toughy subject.

Do you have a Carb:
If so, when your dearl did the stage one he installed a jet kit. You should have recived from him the following.
Rest of the jet kit. (5 more main jets, old spring, all in a nice little platic box)
Your OEM slipons.
Your OEM breather backing plate and filter.

If youhave EFI:
Your OEM slipons.
Your OEM breather backing plate and filter.

If you did not recive these items, I would be knocking on his door, for he is double dipping.
He can resell all of that stuff and make more money off of your loss.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee