Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Slammer or 6" curved riser

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
code1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Slammer or 6" curved riser

I think I may add a set of Street Slammer Bars or the 6" curved pull back risers on my Fat Bob. I love the drag bars but some days they feel perfect and other days I feel like I am haveing to lean that extra inch forward more than I would like.What do you guys think about these two choices I think the 6" curved riser would be easier to switch out but anything worth doing is worth doing right I have always been told so the street slammer might be a better choice. Does anyone have the street slammers on a fat bob?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the street slammers. I've attached a side view picture to show the pull back and rise. You can compare it to your bike. FWIW, I have the 2 inch Jackyl tank lift so that changes the profile view as well.

Take a look...

Attached Thumbnails Street Slammer or 6" curved riser-82810-fat-bob-084.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:19 PM
code1
Advanced
Default info

Thanks for the repley. How do you like the reach and overall feel and look of the street slammers compared to the stock bars? I really like the look of my stock bars/riser now but I just feel like I need that extra 1" or 2" reach somedays.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll bet the pullback risers will feel really good for you.

I have them on my bike with an additional 2" spacer underneath them, along with drag bars, and they are great for me. I'm 5'6" and have a short reach though!

I got these for a Duece...
http://kcint.zoovy.com/product/60-34...EY-DAVIDS.html

Just take a hack saw and slice the nub off the end and you can bolt them right up...assuming you have 1" bars at mounting point?
I have a 2" tank lift...here they are without my additional 2" spacer.

KC International has bars for cheap too...I've bought their products before and they are all holding up well on mine and my brother's bikes. We run the same handlebar / riser setup which only cost $77 at that time...prices are slightly higher now.
http://kcint.zoovy.com/category/hh1_...bars___risers/

Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's another side view picture with the stock bars and riser (tank lift is "on" in both pics. The bars may be turned slightly but you can compare my previous post picture to this one and see the diff in pullback. I liked the looks of the stockers but when I added the tank lift, it caused the bars/cables etc. to hit the tank. I got the street slammers to give me the extra height I needed. The pullback diff was probably 1-2 inches.

Attached Thumbnails Street Slammer or 6" curved riser-jan-16th-red-dawg-004.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
code1
Advanced

Does any know just how many inches the harley 6" curved riser brings the bar back? I figure 1 or 2 inches but can't find that info.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking 1-1/2" set back, if my memory serves me right. Although I have been known to make mistakes, I'm only human.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Jarhead08
Tourer

Dyna risers have a 3 inch pullback. At least the ones I put on my old 08 sportster were that.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 AM
laroc
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the chrome streetlammers on my fatbob and I love the riding position.

I originally tried the 6"inch pullback risers which are again comfortable but I prefer the cleaner look of the streetslammers.
The quality of the chrome and welds is also very good on them.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Fatbob Pharaoh
Advanced

I just installed the 6" pull back risers on my bob. They adjusted the handlebars backwards that extra 1"-2" i was in need of. Will try to post pics soon.

Quick Reply: Street Slammer or 6" curved riser