Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tailight wiring info please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tailight wiring info please

I need to know what I need to get to do the stop/turn light conversion
I didn't have blinkers on the scoot when I got it and it had a sidemount brake light/plate on it when I got it
I bought the harness that sticks to under the rear fender but am wanting to convert to run/turn signals. Can anyone help with pics of what I need besides the wiring harness
P/N 68770-02a.
Also needed is info to where the front signals plug into. I have to reinstall the front blinkers and have the wires and plugs but not sure where they both plug into. One clip is white and one is black. The black clip goes to the wire block but where's the white plug go? Anyone have info for me please and or pics?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:12 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

What year and model is your scoot? Probably you'll find some useful wiring diagram info over here...

***Dyna Models Wiring Diagram Links Index***

If you're looking for parts break down diagrams, check this:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/7327154-post5.html

Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Can I make a suggestion? Buy yourself a service manual, parts manual, AND electrical service manual.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you doing this with your chopped fender? If so, you wont need that extra harness that runs under the fender. You can run the turn signal wires under the seat and hook everything up under there. You will need a stop/turn module to make the signals work as running and brake lights though.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

What I would do is convert the rear bulbs to dual filament which is what comes with the chopped fender kit. To do this you will need the following parts;
p/n 68497-07 reflector/bulb socket assy 2ea
p/n 72991-01 socket terminal 6ea
p/n 72914-01BK socket housing, four-way 2ea
p/n 68398-10 converter module, stop/tail/turn signal
p/n 72573-10 wire channel 2ea
This is a nice set-up because this STT module has individual plugs for the turn signals. The one I listed in the link above does not and is intended to be used with the stock tail light. So all you do is run the turn signal wires to under the seat and plug them straight into the module. Then all you need are some 1157 bulbs instead of the 1156 that are normally used.

For the front signal. The wires are stuffed in the frame under the tank. The white plug goes to white and the black to black. You may have to disconnect your crossover line to get in there.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

I have a wiring nightmare right now. Previous owner cut the front wires at the frame and got rid of the rears completely. This winter I'm taking the tins off and rewiring the lights and going to attempt to uncluttered the under seat area. Wires are everywhere in there. He really did a number to it. I pulled the front sign wires out and luckily it had the plugs still. I just got the front lights from a forum member and they'll work for the front, even came with the relocater mounts for$15 bucks. I just want to convert the rears for extra brake lights etc. I need to get the manual, just don't think about it when I go in. If I don't need that harness after all I might just take it back and order one. Just figured I'd get answers here quicker.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

I wish my seat area looked that good! Mine is a pit of wire snakes! Lol

Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, it only look that good cause I swung the PCIII out of the way. I still have to cram that thing on top before I put the seat on. I really need to swap it out for a TTS Mastertune so I can have a little more space under there.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

I wired up some rear blinkers, took the internals from the fronts that I had and put them in the black rear housings I had. They blink normal but then flash like crazy when turning. Its because I used cheap wiring for a quick fix. Ill get more done this weekend and hopefully will get the fronts on and relocated and then ill clean up some of the wiring under the seat.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

Can anyone get pics of the blinkers and taillight wiring block for me. I have one extra open area on my wire block and not sure what its for. Do both front and rear signal plugs pop in it or do the front blinkers just plug in under the tank? The two small ports are the rear blinks, the left bottom is the side mount plate brake light. What's the rest?

Last edited by Jarhead08; 10-08-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:59 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Can I make a suggestion? Buy yourself a service manual, parts manual, AND electrical service manual.
+1 on that. Found all of the above from one person on eBay for $15.

Quick Reply: tailight wiring info please