Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covered Hard bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Covered Hard bags

Interested to get opinions/advice from any using the following bags on a Dyna, specifically an '06 or later Superglide:

Mustang's Covered universal bag or Tsukayu covered Strong or Coner bags.

Have narrowed my choices down to these but would really appreciate info on quality, durability etc etc from those using them.

Pics below of the bags in question for any wondering what they look like. order of appearance: Mustang bag, Tsukayu Strong Bag, Tsukayu Coner bag.

Thanks in advance!

'8s

Attached Thumbnails Covered Hard bags-mustang-bag.jpg   Covered Hard bags-tsukayu-strong-bag.jpg   Covered Hard bags-tsukayu-coner-bag.jpg  
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I have no info on those bags....Ya might want to check out Hardstreet bags.
www.hardstreet.com
A set of bags with mounting hardware deliverd $391.71 unpainted.
I ordered the Slimbags.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Holy Crapazoli! Those are a lot of cash. Are you sure those are the ones you really want? For that kind of cash you could be looking at some of the best high end bags money can buy. A bunch of forum members here do run hard bags on Dyna's, but very few of the bikes look good with them. Well, at least "I" think very few Dyna's look good with hard bags, with a few notable exceptions. If you only want one of those, I would pick the Mustang, but only because I have a Mustang seat and the quality is exceptional. I have never seen or had one of their bags. That being said, please consider companies like US Saddlebag, they are a site sponsor and have great covered hard bags for less money than the ones you posted and IMHO, a lot better looking on a Dyna. Bossbags, Leatherneck Jims and IronBags make very large, tough bags as well and far better looking on a Dyna. So if limited to your choices, Mustang would be my choice, but "none of the three" you posted would be on the top of my list unless an FLH style conversion was in your future plans.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 11-24-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:20 AM
bmcgc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode Hondas for 35+ years.

The Honda guys have been useing those Tsukayu Strong Bag for a few years. Some have had good results but alot of guys have had problems with the leather delaminating from the bags. I had a set of those that were painted on my 1800VTX. I didnt like them. They are heavy. The way they mount makes them stick out to far from the fender, the supplied mounting brackets are not bike specific and are crap. They just dont look like they "belong" there. It will look like you spent alot of $ on a nice bike then went cheap on a set of bags.

My .02.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the US Saddlebags. I have them and they are rock solid quality.

Attached Thumbnails Covered Hard bags-dsc_0238.jpg   Covered Hard bags-dsc_0241.jpg  
Old 11-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the insights, will revisit US saddlebags because they were one of my shortlisted items that i discounted, not due to looks or quality, but because i cant find em in europe for a price anywhere close to the US price, and shipping to switzerland is for some bizarre reason idiotically expensive compared to shipping to the rest of the EU.

There are most certainly a lot of great bags to be had in the states, finding a local (EU) supplier is my limiting factor though.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:53 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
Thanks for the insights, will revisit US saddlebags because they were one of my shortlisted items that i discounted, not due to looks or quality, but because i cant find em in europe for a price anywhere close to the US price, and shipping to switzerland is for some bizarre reason idiotically expensive compared to shipping to the rest of the EU.

There are most certainly a lot of great bags to be had in the states, finding a local (EU) supplier is my limiting factor though.

Hmm. Hey kraz, I just shipped a set of 911RSR coilover struts and springs to Switzerland for @$150. I believe the weight was near 60#. Thats a good deal more than the US Bags. Id email US and ask. I have been dealing with a guy there named Heitor recently because I'm going to send my bags back for studding. If you need a hand PM me.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by spaceblue
Hmm. Hey kraz, I just shipped a set of 911RSR coilover struts and springs to Switzerland for @$150. I believe the weight was near 60#. Thats a good deal more than the US Bags. Id email US and ask. I have been dealing with a guy there named Heitor recently because I'm going to send my bags back for studding. If you need a hand PM me.
Spaceblue, thanks for the offer. I'll speak to US saddlebags and seewhat can be worked out. Shipping rates to here from the US seem to be all over the place. Had Dennis Kirk ship my Mustang solo seat to me, that cost 130 bucks as well with USPS, the saving grace was that i got it as one of thier clearance items so total cost was 5 bucks less than normal US retail at the time. Local price here was nearly 120 Euro over US retail so was worth it that time around.