Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screamin eagle street vs race tuner

Old 12-14-2010, 01:59 AM
glidinwide10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screamin eagle street vs race tuner

I have a 2010 Wide Glide. Gettin ready to go for 1,000 mile service and add stage one. My question is race tuner vs street tuner, which is better and are they even necessary or can I just get ecm re-mapped. I already have screamin eagle slip ons installed. Any suggestions. Thanks

Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 AM
ecvjohnny
Tourer

i believe the race tuner (sert) is now the screaming eagle super tuner (sest) or some ****. a lot of people wont tune a sest but the dealer should. imo, get a power commander 3 or 5 and call it a day.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 AM
glidinwide10
Cruiser

Man I am so confused with this ecm calibration crap. I have been getting different answers from so many people. I am used to my carburated sportys that I have been riding for 8 years. My problem with the power commander is voiding the factory warranty. Thanks for the advise!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:17 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The Street Tuner allows your dealer to upload STREET LEGAL calibrations only at the dealer for a service fee. The Pro Tuner will allow you to modify and upload any calibration your self.

The Process is to upload the appropriate calibration from the Pro Tuner Library. Once this is done, put the VCI in Data Record for Smart Tune mode and ride the bike. Then using the data collected the program can Smart Tune your VE tables.

There are plenty of tuners that use the SEPST if you later want a Dyno Performance Tune.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:30 AM
glidinwide10
Cruiser

ok so if all i am doing is screamin eagle mufflers and a stage one is all that necessary? any advantages/disadvantages of just re-mapping as opposed to tuner? Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glidinwide10
ok so if all i am doing is screamin eagle mufflers and a stage one is all that necessary? any advantages/disadvantages of just re-mapping as opposed to tuner? Thanks for the reply!
Depends, if stage one is your limit and all you want to do is ride then get the download and you're done.

I like to tinker. I can put the VCI on the bike and ride, look at the data and tweak it a bit if I want. Planning on eventually getting a dyno tune. So the SEPST works for me.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

The Stage.1 download is crap, and not worth the 150 bucks they are going to charge you for it. Stay with your SE slip-ons, don't install the Stage1 air-cleaner yet.. save a couple more coin for the TTS. It's what the SEST/SERT wishes it could be. The only drawback on the TTS... it's married to that bike for life... but if you're like me... my Dyna is staying with me till it rots out from under me

Like johnny said tho, if Stg.1 is as far is you think you'll ever take it... slap a PCIII in there and call it good.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Subu
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glidinwide10
Man I am so confused with this ecm calibration crap. I have been getting different answers from so many people. I am used to my carburated sportys that I have been riding for 8 years. My problem with the power commander is voiding the factory warranty. Thanks for the advise!

PC voiding the warranty? Say what?

Only if it's the direct cause of whatever went wrong (ECM fried) will it ever void your warranty.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are torn between the two, definitely go with the race tuner(sepst) The street tuner is a street legal tuner, and imo limited.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 AM
glidinwide10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by archergodwin
The Stage.1 download is crap, and not worth the 150 bucks they are going to charge you for it. Stay with your SE slip-ons, don't install the Stage1 air-cleaner yet.. save a couple more coin for the TTS. It's what the SEST/SERT wishes it could be. The only drawback on the TTS... it's married to that bike for life... but if you're like me... my Dyna is staying with me till it rots out from under me

Like johnny said tho, if Stg.1 is as far is you think you'll ever take it... slap a PCIII in there and call it good.
my problem with pcIII or sert is that my knowledge of fuel injected machines is at best non-existent as I have always ridden carburated bikes so i'm a little skeptical in taking that task on myself. i'm good at tearing parts off and slapping new **** on but when you are talking about electrical systems I am worried. Thanks for the reply and advise!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: screamin eagle street vs race tuner