Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 05:00 PM
duallydondon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap

I am in the process of changing the forward controls to mids,,,I am now in possession of 100% of the parts just had to go through Ebay etc to get most of them,,,have nearly two complete sets since some parts came in lots...now about the inner primary,,,I have a 1999 Dyna and some of the parts will fit up to 2005 models,,,the other comment is correct about the bushing that has grooves for several o rings and one for a forked hold down that holds tube in place,,,you will need another inner primary,,the inspection cover with the hole in it to hold tube/bushing in place
sleeve bushing is 34632-84A
Locater plate/fork34561-84
I will have a universal inner primary 60681-01 that will fit many harleys with mid controls also the peg brackets,pegs,brake pedal,,,according to the harley parts man this is the inner primary that comes in box with a different part number,,,it does have the hole for the shifter/sleeve etc,,,there are different part numbers for different finishes etc,,,the one that I will be able to sell is black.
I found it very helpful to look at RonniesHD microfiche files for the parts,,Ebay usually has lots of parts usually at decent prices contact me duallydondon@verizon.net

Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Todd Friedrich
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBeghtol
Howdy all, just picked up my new 2011 Fat Bob. It has the forward controls. I have put a hundred miles on it today, and I am just not going to be happy with the forward controls. Luckily, I just got the parts to convert to mid controls from another forum member.

I have the inner and outer primary, new shift and brake linkage, and the left and right foot peg mounts.

I will get the gasket between the inner primary and engine, the gasket between inner and outer primary, and derby cover gasket. There is a thin metal washer glued to the inner primary where the shift shaft goes thru between the inner and outer primaries. Is there any other seal for the shift shaft?

Also, other than the five bolts with rubber seals that hold the inner to the engine, are there any other bolts that must be replaced? Can I re-use the ones on my new bike, as it will only have a couple hundred miles on it when I make the swap?

I have the service manual ordered from the dealer, it will be in in a week or so. Does anyone have the 2011 Dyna parts manual that could scan the page for the primaries? Also, what size sockets will I need for taking off the compensator and clutch to get the inner primary off?

Any "gotchas" to look out for? Getting the starter off require any special technique?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tim
Hey Tim,

I know that this post is almost 8 years old, but I'm looking to make the same change that you're talking about here. I also have a 2011 Fat Bob and want the mid controls. Are the parts you listed all that you ended up needing? Or was there anything more? Basically, are you able to answer all the questions that you yourself asked 8 years ago. Ha.

Thanks,
Todd Friedrich

Old 01-25-2020, 02:38 AM
GrittyBurns
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm converting from forward controls to mids if anyone wants to trade.