Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 AM
JoeHat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.

So i just picked up a new FatBob, Im lovin it but would like to move the shifter and brake pedal to the mid position, has anyone done this? Thx. Joe.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 AM
cooper276
5th Gear

No, but I'm keen to go from mids to forwards on my new Street Bob.
If your intertested in a swap let me know.
Cheers

Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHat
"So i just picked up a new FatBob, Im lovin it but would like to move the shifter and brake pedal to the mid position, has anyone done this?"
Before I even took my '010 F-Bob off the floor I negotiated with the dealer to have the forwards replaced by mids. It required changing both the inner and outer primary covers, and of course the related peg brackets and linkages. Quite a few parts involved, but worth it IMO.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
JoeHat
Advanced

O-Town D, thats what im looking for, Really pissed me off the dealer didnt tell me they were avail. from the factory with mids. Guess they want to sell whats on the floor. copper 276, my bike has about 50 miles on it, picked it up on Sat. If we can figure this out id love to do the swap. I havent worked on a Harley in about 35 yrs, guess might need a manual.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A pal of mine did the swap on his '09 fat bob. I think it was a more major exercise than he'd originally planned. It involved new covers and new linkages. Was pretty expensive, I think around £/$800+ just for parts. I don't think it took him too long to do the work though - a few hours.

If you can agree to swap bits then that would seem a really good plan.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:56 AM
old-skewl
Advanced

First post, so howdy to all.....

Just bought a '09 Fat Bob with forward controls and would like to swap for some mids....My bike only has 150 miles on it, and the forward controls are in great condition.

Also looking for the stock exhaust header for a Fat Bob with mid-controls....Thanks.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:07 PM
IRONIC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JoeHat
O-Town D, thats what im looking for, Really pissed me off the dealer didnt tell me they were avail. from the factory with mids. Guess they want to sell whats on the floor. copper 276, my bike has about 50 miles on it, picked it up on Sat. If we can figure this out id love to do the swap. I havent worked on a Harley in about 35 yrs, guess might need a manual.
Joe ... H.D. stopped offering factory installed mids on the Fat Bob in 09.
If you can find somebody to swap with you it would save you a lot of money, the labor to install all the needed parts is about 4.0 hours.
Good luck,

Old 01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

"H.D. stopped offering factory installed mids on the Fat Bob in 09."

Correct. My bad, Joe, didn't mean to mislead you, that's why I had to negotiate with the dealer to include the swap-over on my '010 as part of the total sales transaction. Had to wait almost a week for the parts to come in from the MoCo, but again, totally worth it from my point of view. Hope you're able to do the same with your F-Bob.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
oldmanbob
Advanced
Default mids

I think it was 2010 that they discontinued the mids on the FB. I have an 09 and it came with the factory mids. I don't understand why they did this, a lot of people prefer them, at least make a kit to convert to mids.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
old-skewl
Advanced

It was in 2010 that they discontinued the mids....I wonder if the mids off of any Dyna will work for the Fat Bob?

Quick Reply: 2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.