Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just bought a new money pit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
anthonytrestivo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new bike. The FXDC is a great bike but get ready to speed some cash, always something to buy. I have a 2010 FXD and can't tell you how much I spent. Come to think about it, i should have bought the FXDC from the start.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
JDUB2011SG
Novice

Congrats, it's worth the wait. Colorado isnt much better right now.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:31 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

Congrats on the new bike! I have always loved the look of drag bars but I can't find a set that fit me. They all seem to bring the bars back too close. I guess my family hasn't been walking uprite as long as most and I'm just a knuckle dragger.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
axel black
Road Captain

congrats on the new bike. This winter I took the saddle to a custom builder, I needed one, the stock saddle left much to be desired. The FXDC is a bike that loves the twisty roads as well as the city streets.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM
T.o.n.y.T.
Cruiser

Congrats on the new scoot. Waiting this weather out sucks. I'm in North Dakota and damn is it cold up here. Can't wait for spring/summer to get here and melt away all this snow and ice!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:12 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!! I hear you about the weather. This was the view from my plow truck not too long ago - ICE! SNOW! I imagine by July 4th, we wont even remember how bad the winter really was for us all. Just keep modding. It helps with the winter blues. Think I miht move my bike straight into the living room so I can work on her in the warmth.

Attached Thumbnails I just bought a new money pit-100_0149.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

OK, this blows.... I bought my bike on the 29th. Then the weather turned to crap. The entire DFW area goes into meltdown mode in snowy weather, and between the days the dealer was closed, and the days that they couldn't move their used inventory out of the work areas, the bike is still there. I'm not upset with the dealer... They've called me with updates and explained what's going on, and the weather here has sucked to the point that I wouldn't have been riding it anyway. But it's supposed to be pretty nice here this weekend, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Every day I don't have the bike, I order something for it. It better get here soon, or I won't be able to afford gas.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

OK! The weather finally cooperated, and I got to go pick up my new Superglide Custom today. It looks great, sounds great, and seems to run pretty great also. It sure turns some heads.

So, I have uploaded a pic. It was taken with a cell phone and it was in the sun, so it's not a great pic. But you get the idea. It's not like y'all haven't seen one before.... I think the black SE AC and Black V&H exhaust look great. It's brand new, of course, so I can't tell you how hard it pulls, but it does seem to have a little stronger bottom end than it had when I test drove it. I do know that it's got a pretty lopey idle, from the new cams probably. And it's plenty loud! My wife about shat herself when they started it in the dealership's shop!

So anyway, I'm pretty happy with my first Harley! I'll post more pics as I get some stuff added.

Attached Thumbnails I just bought a new money pit-fxdc.jpg  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Mlake
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and enjoy it! I love my FXDC, but know that I won't be riding in Mass. anytime soon!

Attached Thumbnails I just bought a new money pit-harley-1.jpg