Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil bud oil cooler for dynas

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
slider1156
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your susposed to jack your bike on the oil cooler, not for me. Front H.D. cooler and a set of fans. I pull the fans off in winter and reinstall in the summer. I use the battery tender plug in for power and plug it in in traffic.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

With any oil cooler there is the thought that unless your going high speed its really not getting the air flow it needs and as for the oil buds being on the bottom or a jag being in front on the down tube they are both gonna get air flow if your doing 80 mph.. Stop and go traffic on a hot day they are both gonna suffer from heat soak it doesnt matter that the oil bud is under the motor its still hot where the jag mounts..... I really believe if your gonna spend money and especially what the oil bud cost. Buy yourself a Fueling Oil pump cause that is really gonna give you more oil pressure and more return volume I dont know to me more Oil flow weather in stop and go or on the move i rather put my $$$ into that then a gimmic oil cooler.. Just my .02

Old 02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
fourwheel
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can some 1 help me with my 2009 fat bob , i need to know where the oil drain plug is there a few plugd under engine

Old 02-13-2011, 03:48 PM
fourwheel
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is any one here

Old 02-13-2011, 04:07 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by slider1156
Your susposed to jack your bike on the oil cooler, not for me. Front H.D. cooler and a set of fans. I pull the fans off in winter and reinstall in the summer. I use the battery tender plug in for power and plug it in in traffic.

It bolts in between the frame rails, jack won't touch it.

Originally Posted by Los11
With any oil cooler there is the thought that unless your going high speed its really not getting the air flow it needs and as for the oil buds being on the bottom or a jag being in front on the down tube they are both gonna get air flow if your doing 80 mph.. Stop and go traffic on a hot day they are both gonna suffer from heat soak it doesnt matter that the oil bud is under the motor its still hot where the jag mounts..... I really believe if your gonna spend money and especially what the oil bud cost. Buy yourself a Fueling Oil pump cause that is really gonna give you more oil pressure and more return volume I dont know to me more Oil flow weather in stop and go or on the move i rather put my $$$ into that then a gimmic oil cooler.. Just my .02
I remember back east, our home heating system sure did crank out the heat from radiators with no airflow.

Originally Posted by fourwheel
can some 1 help me with my 2009 fat bob , i need to know where the oil drain plug is there a few plugd under engine
There's three identical drain plugs, two that face down, the outboard one is the primary, inboard one is the transmission, and the one that is horizontal is the engine.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,309 Likes on 2,356 Posts

The oil drain,under the engine near the jiffy stand facing out and horizontal. Tansmission, right hand side of oil pan with head facing down to the ground. That's how it is on both of my older Dynas. No doubt the oilbud will cool some oil sitting still but the oil heat is going to the bottom of the engine, heat goes up.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Here's some tips on installing the discontinued 10 row Jagg oil cooler that was made for Harley Davidson: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9012

As far as the Oil Bud, it has a large surface area to radiate heat, and in there video they have a 35 degree temperature difference between two bikes, one with it, and one without. They should do one more video of two throttle jockeys sitting at a stand still and see if they have less of a temperature change between the two.
That discontinued fan is H.D. not Jagg. It might have been made by Jagg for Harley Davidson , but Jagg still has their own 10 row oil coolers for Harley Davidson bikes.

I saw the video for the Oil Bud, but the bike without the cooler might have been a hotter running bike to begin with. I'd like to see 3 identical stock bikes, one with a Oil Bud, one with a Jagg 10 row and one without any, run together in the same conditions and verified by an independent source.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
The oil drain,under the engine near the jiffy stand facing out and horizontal. Tansmission, right hand side of oil pan with head facing down to the ground. That's how it is on both of my older Dynas. No doubt the oilbud will cool some oil sitting still but the oil heat is going to the bottom of the engine, heat goes up.
Wouldn't it go up around the engine?

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Here's some tips on installing the discontinued 10 row Jagg oil cooler that was made for Harley Davidson: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9012

As far as the Oil Bud, it has a large surface area to radiate heat, and in there video they have a 35 degree temperature difference between two bikes, one with it, and one without. They should do one more video of two throttle jockeys sitting at a stand still and see if they have less of a temperature change between the two.
Originally Posted by HemiOrange
That discontinued fan is H.D. not Jagg. It might have been made by Jagg for Harley Davidson , but Jagg still has their own 10 row oil coolers for Harley Davidson bikes.

I saw the video for the Oil Bud, but the bike without the cooler might have been a hotter running bike to begin with. I'd like to see 3 identical stock bikes, one with a Oil Bud, one with a Jagg 10 row and one without any, run together in the same conditions and verified by an independent source.
What fan?

Jagg was, and is no longer a vendor for Harley Davidson, Harley Davidson found another manufacturer to make them cheaper.

I guess you can also say that the bike with the cooler might have been a cooler running bike to begin with.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I really like the looks and heavy duty quality of the oil bud. I think if I get a cooler it will be an oil bud. But $695 is a lot of cake.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:10 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Los11

Well I am not sure i agree with all of your ideas but for me I got it for the long rides in Australia where I am constantly riding in 44 degree heat (thats 110 plus for you guys) my idea is constant air flow will help cool my engine somewhat and that in turn should add some life to my ride, for 500 bucks I am happy with the idea that I am doing something to combat the heat when riding in summer

Quick Reply: oil bud oil cooler for dynas