Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   black braided spark plug wires w/pic (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/61300-black-braided-spark-plug-wires-w-pic.html)

jackyl 10-09-2006 07:25 PM

black braided spark plug wires w/pic

1 Attachment(s)
just installed some black braided spark plug wires.couldnt stand the stock ones.so i figured i would post a pic.i bought them off ebay for 10.00.they are harley brand.

Attachment 545281

KeithB 10-09-2006 08:15 PM

RE: black braided spark plug wires w/pic

Those are nice really go good with your theme

jimw411 10-09-2006 08:18 PM

Dude, those are tits, i'm jelous, i think i just found another thing to add to my list.

anubisss 10-09-2006 08:39 PM

Very nice. I want some.

scttgr8 10-09-2006 08:46 PM

DO YOU HAVE THE EBAY LINK?

Z 10-09-2006 08:58 PM

Jackyl, that's a sweet ride you've got there.

You probably thought about this but I thought I'd toss it out for others thinking of changing their wires. Be sure to get wires that match the specs for your bike. Running solid core wires is a no-no with many modern electronic ignition systems. The person who owned my FXDWG before me installed solid core and a Dya 2000 ignition. Bad juju. I think the spec on Evos and TCs is 2,000 ohms/ft. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the point is that not all wires are the right wires.

Z

jackyl 10-10-2006 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: scttgr8

DO YOU HAVE THE EBAY LINK?
i just typed in braided spark plug wires in the search box

jackyl 10-10-2006 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Z

Jackyl, that's a sweet ride you've got there.

You probably thought about this but I thought I'd toss it out for others thinking of changing their wires. Be sure to get wires that match the specs for your bike. Running solid core wires is a no-no with many modern electronic ignition systems. The person who owned my FXDWG before me installed solid core and a Dya 2000 ignition. Bad juju. I think the spec on Evos and TCs is 2,000 ohms/ft. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the point is that not all wires are the right wires.

Z
i will agree 100%,before you buy ypur wires check your manual or your shop guide or call the dealer and see if they will match up.glad you pointed that out ,to some that might not know

veniculum 10-10-2006 12:49 AM

Well...if we get an update...and the wires are within spec of an 06 EFI Dyna, I'd sure love the ebay link (or HD part number). Hell..what's 10 bucks..they look great

Todd

CraigC 10-10-2006 01:56 AM

Very cool upgrade.