Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Big City Thunder Baffles (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/61544-big-city-thunder-baffles.html)

05 Wd Gld 10-11-2006 01:47 AM

Big City Thunder Baffles

Has anyone used these baffles? If so how did they work out for you and what did they cost you?
Thanks I appreciate any input I can get.

Whiffleboy 10-11-2006 01:54 AM

RE: Big City Thunder Baffles

I have them in my SEIIs and I love them. Totally happy with them. I bought them from a forum member for $100 so I got a good deal. Still, even at full price, I think they are a nice addition. I think they go for around $130 or so.

Whiff

Psycho 10-11-2006 08:49 AM

I have them in the SEII's as well. My friends describe them as the "perfect HD sound" No farty sound, 100% clean bass rumble. Good performance. I'm satisfied.

voyager1 10-11-2006 08:51 AM

are they louder ? or ?

blackfinbob 10-11-2006 12:03 PM

I also have the BCT thunders in my SEII's. Originally Kaduku put a post and I would agree with him. They are 20% louder at idle alone than the original SEII's with the stock baffles. I paid about $130 or so from the BCT site several months ago. They are really easy to install and they have a great sound to them. I try to be careful in the neighborhood because at this point I think my neighbors still like me.
I have the download and I do notice a little bit of popping if I get on it, however it is not bad. To me there is a noticeable power increase especially in 2nd and 3rd gear, however I am not sure if others notice this or not.
If you want a cheap fix for great sound, you can't go wrong with these baffles.
Jdog

Sammi 10-11-2006 12:18 PM

I have SE1 slipons (p/n 80418-06) with the standard download.

Would I need a different download or existing one OK?

Thanks,

Sammi

wild wally 10-11-2006 12:19 PM

20% louder is a good estimate. And better over all tone. Deeper, as well as a nice snap.

I had them, but sold them because at the time I didn't have a tuner for my bike, and you will need a way to richen your fuel mix a bit. (I've since installed a SERT and V&H Big Shots Staggered)

Wally

stbob 10-11-2006 02:10 PM

my brother put them in his python pipes they sound real nice.
not for the quiet type.

Buggz 10-11-2006 07:05 PM

I have them in my SEII's and love the sound & performance, I have the HD download for the SE air cleaner & pipe set up, I had a TFI, but removed it and have been running without, with no problems, only a few pops on decel, if I wind it up, I paid 125.

Shrug 10-11-2006 08:36 PM

Inform the uninformed here...

Do you remove the stock baffles and install these?