Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Problem with 06 DYNA (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/61998-problem-with-06-dyna.html)

EagleArmsHBAR 10-13-2006 05:16 PM

Problem with 06 DYNA

My 06 Dyna SB is making a weird high piched squeeking sound while driving. If I turn the bike off and work the fork, it makes no sound. It seems to be coming from the forks, but I am unsure. Could this be the 15K problem we were warned about that needs fixing? I have just under 1200 miles on it and just noticed the problem.

Keith_H 10-13-2006 06:15 PM

RE: Problem with 06 DYNA

Mine makes a nose from the front breaks when i break, not sure if you're braking when you hear it or not.

EagleArmsHBAR 10-13-2006 06:19 PM

No, it does not occur at braking. It makes the noise while driving consistant speed or while accelerating. Any ideas on what it is?

lolife 10-14-2006 09:40 AM

are the breaks rubbing at all. My street bob sqeaks when braking. Is this normal?

KBFXDLI 10-14-2006 11:31 AM

Check your belt tension.....and make sure it's not rubbing on anything. It could be the trans bearing making the noise.......but usually not at that low mileage. Better get it into the dealer unless you can check the primary oil level. Did you have the 1000 mile service? If the dealer did it make sure they put enough oil back in the trans & primary. You can easily check the trans level with a 3/8 allen wrench but the primary you have to take the derby cover off.

KBFXDLI 10-14-2006 11:32 AM

Go get a can of "Brakekleen" spray at autozone and clean the brakes really well before washing the bike.

ORIGINAL: lolife

are the breaks rubbing at all. My street bob sqeaks when braking. Is this normal?

thebestofindica 10-14-2006 11:53 AM

Fuel pump? Does it make the sound when you key on and then switch to run?

EagleArmsHBAR 10-14-2006 01:14 PM

I ave had the 1,000 and 5,000 mile service done at the dealer (because they were free). I have been changing the oil myself since then and just changed it last week. I know that all the oil levels are good and have been running syn-3. I also just washed the front wheel with wheel cleaner.

bobcowan 10-14-2006 01:45 PM

If it happens at speed and under acceleration, my guess would be the belt. Check your rear wheel and pulley alignment and belt tension.

KBFXDLI 10-14-2006 02:42 PM

check the belt for sure, then get the syn3 outa the trans and use mobil175w90 synthetic gear oil (autozone) or redline shockproof heavy gear oil from www.myoilshop.com My guess is the belt may be too tight but I would dump the syn3 outa the trans no matter what it is. ;)

ORIGINAL: EagleArmsHBAR

I ave had the 1,000 and 5,000 mile service done at the dealer (because they were free). I have been changing the oil myself since then and just changed it last week. I know that all the oil levels are good and have been running syn-3. I also just washed the front wheel with wheel cleaner.