Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear wiring harness fat bob -09

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:56 AM
foxtrotdelta
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear wiring harness fat bob -09

Hi guys!
I need some help to find part # and pictures of all the connections in the rear wiring harness.
Also need wiring sizes and lengths.

I´m about to swap the rear fender for a WG fender, and install Kellermann turn signals with 3-1 function.
So I´m gonna order a custom made wiring harness for this.

Don´t have my bike delivered yet, if so I could have checked all this myself But I hope someone out there can help me!
Thanks guys!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe the harness to be PN 68771-02A. This is the harness assembly, which includes the rubber conduit that affixes the harness to the upper inside of the fender.

Here's the circuit board that the wiring harness plugs in to behind your tail light.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrotdelta
Hi guys!
I need some help to find part # and pictures of all the connections in the rear wiring harness.
Also need wiring sizes and lengths.
I´m about to swap the rear fender for a WG fender, and install Kellermann turn signals with 3-1 function.
So I´m gonna order a custom made wiring harness for this.
Don´t have my bike delivered yet, if so I could have checked all this myself But I hope someone out there can help me!
Thanks guys!
Are you asking for the pn's for an 09 Fat Bob?
ALL… the part numbers... of ALL the connections, ALL the wire sizes & ALL the wire lengths!
Really!

Well I guess that's only 4 plugs with at least 3 pieces each (not including the male & female pins) and 8 wires of separate colors (which do not have individual part numbers).

I think the best you're going to get is a part number for the entire harness, which is listed as a rear lighting harness #68764-99 in my 09 Parts Catalog for the FXDF.

It sounds like you don't have the bike, the fender or a clue as to how to make it work.
Ok, ok... I apologize, I don't want to bust your chops seenin' how it's your 1st post.

Welcome to the HDForums by the way... it's a great place for info.

If you go to the Dyna Glide Models page and type 'wide glide fender on a fat bob' in the Search this Forum window drop box you shall find that for which you seek.

I suggest:
1… get the bike, I guess you’re getting a Fat Bob… yea the rear fender is a bit unsightly.
2… do the Search this Forum research.
3… get the fender from a 2010, 2011 Wide Glide, I just bought one from a fellow HDForum member for $100 (I thought that was reasonable for brand new fender).
4… get a factory Shop Manual, Parts Catalog and factory Electrical Manual, you can get em off ebay...
5... have fun and go for it.

DO NOT pay some one to build a custom wiring harness for this... unless you've got lots of money to spend *****-nilly. If that's the case... click onto my user name and send me a PM (private message) I'll be glade to part you from some of it.

Last edited by 08fxdf43202; 03-15-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, I did the search I was talking about... to much for a new guy to muddle through in my opinion!
Here's a few posts that might help you out:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...a-fat-bob.html
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ar-lights.html
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...urbostang.html

Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
foxtrotdelta
Stage II

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
Are you asking for the pn's for an 09 Fat Bob?
ALL… the part numbers... of ALL the connections, ALL the wire sizes & ALL the wire lengths!
Really!

Well I guess that's only 4 plugs with at least 3 pieces each (not including the male & female pins) and 8 wires of separate colors (which do not have individual part numbers).

I think the best you're going to get is a part number for the entire harness, which is listed as a rear lighting harness #68764-99 in my 09 Parts Catalog for the FXDF.

It sounds like you don't have the bike, the fender or a clue as to how to make it work.
Ok, ok... I apologize, I don't want to bust your chops seenin' how it's your 1st post.

Welcome to the HDForums by the way... it's a great place for info.

If you go to the Dyna Glide Models page and type 'wide glide fender on a fat bob' in the Search this Forum window drop box you shall find that for which you seek.

I suggest:
1… get the bike, I guess you’re getting a Fat Bob… yea the rear fender is a bit unsightly.
2… do the Search this Forum research.
3… get the fender from a 2010, 2011 Wide Glide, I just bought one from a fellow HDForum member for $100 (I thought that was reasonable for brand new fender).
4… get a factory Shop Manual, Parts Catalog and factory Electrical Manual, you can get em off ebay...
5... have fun and go for it.

DO NOT pay some one to build a custom wiring harness for this... unless you've got lots of money to spend *****-nilly. If that's the case... click onto my user name and send me a PM (private message) I'll be glade to part you from some of it.
Thanks for your great answers!
Your right, I don´t have the bike here yet. I have ordered it, but not yet delivered
I have the -10 WG fender already. Think it will look great when it all come together

Maybe it will all come clear to me when I have everything in front of me.
I will sure ask you for advise later on if its ok with you!
You seem to know what you are talking about

Thanks again!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
turbostang
Cruiser

+1 to everything 08fxdf43202 said. Use those threads and if you have any questions about it, ask or PM.

T.J.