Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags for Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard bags for Street Bob?

Any companies make hard bags, the type like on the baggers that come stock that will fit on a Street Bob? I understand the turn signals will have to be relocated, but I haven't seen a set that is made for the Bob. Except the leather covered harley hard bags and for that much I would really like to have painted to match hard bags (fiberglass). So let me know if you know any companies that make them!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a set of these being custom painted to match my tins right now...can't wait!

http://www.corbin.com/harley/dyna/hdfxdfleetbag.shtml

I think it's going to look sweet...at least it better at $1200 just for paint.

I have a Rifle roadster fairing being painted also.

I think it will look like a hot rod bagger.

I guess we will see...

Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mascman
... .... ....
I have a Rifle roadster fairing being painted also.
I think it will look like a hot rod bagger.
I guess we will see...
I agree they do look good, very good. I can't go that much money but would like to see pics when you get them on.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out Cycle Visions, link below, you have to open their 2011 Product Catalog and go to page 9 to see them. They look like Harley bags, actually use some HD hardware, but the bag body is designed for the Dyna frame and shock location.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/

Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

Originally Posted by stewbeezer
Check out Cycle Visions, link below, you have to open their 2011 Product Catalog and go to page 9 to see them. They look like Harley bags, actually use some HD hardware, but the bag body is designed for the Dyna frame and shock location.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/
Their website could use some redesign (I am a webmaster), and it is hard to find stuff. I even did a search for the 2011 product catalog and it doesn't provide a link to it just basic text but no download options. Is there something I am missing here, because I don't see the 11 catalog listed on the site. Can you provide the link to the catalog since you already have seen it?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I made my own, using FLH bags

Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

Tsukayu (same company my dyna small batwing is coming from) I see actually make a painted hard bag set that will work for my bike but it isn't bike specific so I have to do some fab work for mounting. It is $579 for them, gloss black painted and I have to measure, drill and mount the brackets to fit. This is the option I will go if I can't find a bike specific kit for around the same price. Those $1200+ bags look nice, etc but that is abit more than what I am looking to spend on them.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JRK5892
I made my own, using FLH bags
Yes I want to find some at a swap meet and do the same, but haven't been able to find any the right size yet. The FLH bags are just a tad too big to suit me.

You did a nice job of finishing and mounting them up though.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gringoloco13
Tsukayu (same company my dyna small batwing is coming from) I see actually make a painted hard bag set that will work for my bike but it isn't bike specific so I have to do some fab work for mounting. It is $579 for them, gloss black painted and I have to measure, drill and mount the brackets to fit. This is the option I will go if I can't find a bike specific kit for around the same price. Those $1200+ bags look nice, etc but that is abit more than what I am looking to spend on them.
Gringoloco13 after you get the batwing on your Bob, you will find fabricating mounts for those bags easy. I made mounts for my PVC throwovers (because I got tired of them rubbing my paint) with lightweight aluminum angle. Just bolted everything right up to the fender braket bolts.

I just cut the corners rounded and then sanded the whole thing thru all the grits all the way to 600, then polished them. They almost match the fender brace trim perfect.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: Hard bags for Street Bob?