Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech said to remove O2 sensors with fuel pak

Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM
prerender
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a question, I recently got a VINERR code and bike shut down, took it to the dealer and he said somehow O2 cable got messed up and touching other cables triggering error code so he disconnected the O2 sensor all together.

My bike is a complete stock 2015 Dyna Street Bob with only V&H straightshot slipons.

He said I don't need the O2 sensor anyways. The bikes sound changed quite a bit without the O2 and I am getting less backfiring.

In my setup do I need the O2 sensor? Should I fix the cable and connect it back? What do you guys think?

Old 11-06-2017, 09:00 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by prerender
I have a question, I recently got a VINERR code and bike shut down, took it to the dealer and he said somehow O2 cable got messed up and touching other cables triggering error code so he disconnected the O2 sensor all together.

My bike is a complete stock 2015 Dyna Street Bob with only V&H straightshot slipons.

He said I don't need the O2 sensor anyways. The bikes sound changed quite a bit without the O2 and I am getting less backfiring.

In my setup do I need the O2 sensor? Should I fix the cable and connect it back? What do you guys think?
First off, great thread.
Learned more today from reading this than I have ever in regards to manipulating ecm and bypassing epa restrictions using fuelers in conjunction with O2 sensors, both in the open or closed loop mappings. Enough so, that I almost feel somewhat confident enough to reply to your question.
But stubburn enough not to because I had to read all six pages before I learned the answer to your question.
But, since you posted... Almost seven months have gone by and who knows where you’re at now.
Hopefully, you went back to the dealer or who ever it was that told you that your O2 sensors are obsolete considering the state of tune your bike was at, or lack there of. And was able to proceed to a better solution.

Next, I’d like to thank each and everyone who in some way shape or form contributed here yet again for sharing your knowledge with me
I assure you, I will never doubt my bike’s performance ever again LOL

Old 11-07-2017, 06:35 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by neocontra
So who here wants to pull the o2 sensors with their fuel pak?
I did... And it threw codes

Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxrnutt
I did... And it threw codes
talked to a v&h tech today. And he said leave the o2’s in

Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer

Originally Posted by splattttttt
talked to a v&h tech today. And he said leave the o2’s in
Cool...... I've never had a problem with em in.... After cams remap too.... My bike rips

Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Have you tried a gear ratio swap yet?

Old 11-08-2017, 03:40 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer

No.... Not yet

Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fxrnutt
No.... Not yet
best bottom ne performance up grade out there

Old 11-08-2017, 07:59 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer

31 front do the trick?

Old 11-09-2017, 08:47 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

I offer no opinion, pro or con, on removing O sensors. I merely offer a real world occurrence. I'm also aware this thread started over four (4) years ago and many of the original posters were dealing with carburated bikes. I suspect there may be different utilities to O sensors on EFI and carburated bikes. But, FWIW, here goes:

2014 Ultra Limited. Last year changed to an Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner, Power Commander V (PCV) and dyno tune [coincidentally, done by "Dr. Dyno" who's article appears in an earlier thread]. As part of the PCV install, O sensors were disconnected and "eliminators" were installed. Bike immediately ran cooler and with a noticeable boost in performance.

This year, while on a group ride, bike sputtered and died. Would not re-start. Fortunately, was near a H-D dealer who picked up bike. To make a long story short, after confidently saying x was the cause of the problem and changing x, only to discover the bike still would not run, the final diagnosis was the PCV - which was removed. However, the O sensor eliminators were left as is. For the ride home from Binghampton to NYC, the bike ran exactly as it did when stock - a little sluggish and hot. Brought the bike back to Dr. Dyno. Again, with O eliminators, rode the bike from NYC to far eastern Connecticut - performed as stock. Dr. Dyno reinstalled the PCV, re-dyno'd the bike and, interestingly, squeezed another few horses and torque over the original dyno (he guessed it was due to an additional 10k miles of breakin). For the return trip, performance was restored and again the bike ran cooler.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tech said to remove O2 sensors with fuel pak