Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pack/Tuner vs. Download

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:09 AM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel pack/Tuner vs. Download

Alright I know that there have been a few threads on here about tuners and fuel packs but I was talking to a local indy and I was fishing him on some info on the tuners.... to make a long story short he told me that a tuner or a fuel pack would void my warranty on the bike and suggested that I go with a download/remap from a stealer....

I guess my question would be does anyone know if this is true???

Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Anyone???

Old 03-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Spyder_63703
Advanced

If you put the tuner on yourself such as a PCV or fuel pack it has the possibility. Some dealerships use those products themselves and will honor it if they do it but others will not. 50 50 chance.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:08 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope this guy doesn't do any work for you. If something does happen to your bike, you just take the fuel management system back off of it before you take it to the dealer. And anybody that advises getting an E.C.M. re-flash over a fuel management system is out of their mind as far as I'm concerned. It will still run lean/hot, and if you do any further upgrades in the future you'll have to do it again. After doing it a second time you'll already have the same amount of money invested in re-flashes as you would a tuner, and the tuner gives you a lot more versatility. AND, the only Harley could void your warranty is if they could prove that whatever went wrong with your bike was a direct result of putting the fuel management system on in the first place.

If an indy ever told me that, HE WOULD NOT WORK ON MY BIKE!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

The dealer tries to scare you into giving them your pay check.
wait till your warranry runs out if your worried and install a good tuner.
Way better than a stage 1 remap.
I run the Xieds to richen up a bit and the are any easy plug and play.
If there is problem then just unplug. Keep your warranty,
i don't have the dealer do anything I can do myself including service.
I have the repair manual and do it by the book. I even use Amsoil thats better than anything the dealer has. I plan to keep my bike awhile and I know the service is done right. By me. If I don't know how I learn, but everything gets done right.
I love doing my own maintinance it's a hobby thing.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Squirrel67
Cruiser

The only things I buy from the dealer is cheap parts, o-rings, spark plugs, bolts etc... Best thing to do is buy a service manual or find a good indy. Keep your bike serviced as recommended by the service manual. Any expensive parts you want you usually will find at a much better deal online. I run a fuel pak with SE ac kit and python exhaust, bike runs great, cooler and much better than it did stock. Do you really want some kid making eight dollars an hour, who could care less about your bike working on it?

Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a ton of quality tuners on the market today . If they voided the warranties of the bike , then there would be no market for them . People would NOT buy them . But do a search for a fuel management device for a Harley , or ANY MC . You will see just how much of a market there is . Good luck on which ever way you decide .

Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by stilup
The dealer tries to scare you into giving them your pay check.
wait till your warranry runs out if your worried and install a good tuner.
Way better than a stage 1 remap.
I run the Xieds to richen up a bit and the are any easy plug and play.
If there is problem then just unplug. Keep your warranty,
i don't have the dealer do anything I can do myself including service.
I have the repair manual and do it by the book. I even use Amsoil thats better than anything the dealer has. I plan to keep my bike awhile and I know the service is done right. By me. If I don't know how I learn, but everything gets done right.
I love doing my own maintinance it's a hobby thing.

I do all my servicing on my bike the two reasons are that I can not see me spending 400-500 for a service that I can do at a fraction of the cost and use the balance of what I would have spent on the service on something else for the bike

Old 03-27-2011, 04:11 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Thank you all for your info now i have to decide as to what I want to do you all have made some very valid points.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer dyno tuned my bike...so no worries of voiding anything there. As long as you have a good tuner who knows what he's doing, you should be good. And if he works at your local HD...all the better for a good tune and a warranty that's still intact.

I thought this was going to be a dyno vs. download thread. In which case I'd opt for the dyno. But that's just me.

Quick Reply: Fuel pack/Tuner vs. Download