Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raked triple tree for my Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:22 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna rider
Stay with the stock rake as changing it can lead to lots of unforeseeable problems.
Wouldn't that negate what the OP wants to do? It's not like this mod hasn't been made thousands of times since the 60's? Yes it should be done correctly but advising the OP to moreorless not change anything on his bike when you're not flippin the bill is a bit wrong. Heck, didn't they used to just cut the neck and reweld it by eye back then? (before my time). I don't remember ever hearing about people dying after that mod was made.

It might be better advised to seek the knowledge of a reliable indy shop the OP trusts to make such a mod possible without any dangerous side effects.

Also, there are 'chopper" kits available as a bolt-on. www.chopper-kits.com and www.seegercycle.com Worth a look especially since your bike is 39mm so they have it all figured out for you.

[edit] I'll still never understand why the forum software flags the name "j o r d a n". It's quite funny.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 03-31-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
[edit] I'll still never understand why the forum software flags the name "j o r d a n". It's quite funny.
me either man, its hell trying to give someone my email address or pay pal or anything on here.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Wouldn't that negate what the OP wants to do? It's not like this mod hasn't been made thousands of times since the 60's? Yes it should be done correctly but advising the OP to moreorless not change anything on his bike when you're not flippin the bill is a bit wrong. Heck, didn't they used to just cut the neck and reweld it by eye back then? (before my time). I don't remember ever hearing about people dying after that mod was made.

It might be better advised to seek the knowledge of a reliable indy shop the OP trusts to make such a mod possible without any dangerous side effects.

Also, there are 'chopper" kits available as a bolt-on. www.chopper-kits.com and www.seegercycle.com Worth a look especially since your bike is 39mm so they have it all figured out for you.

Hey Vic, well stated and much appreciated. Went on the Seegercycle and I am calling them to see what they can do, but your absolutely right it should be quite doable. I also spoke with my mechanic and sounds feasible as well. Also checked a kit out at Headwinds that looks similar to the seegercyle but a little less expensive, so will be investigating both. It appears I can rake the triple tree 3 or 4 degrees without extending the tubes and pretty easy change out. Thanks for all the help, this board rocks!!!

I guess J o r d a n is a bad word for the moderators!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Dingobob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Search for traveller's 05 fxd, it's sold now but there is plenty of threads on it. He had 3 degree trees and 3 degree cups and handling was fine. I have used 3 degree trees before without issue but had wobbles over 70 mph with 5 degree on a softtail