Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD New Part: Chopped Fender Edge Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Photos on the Install.........

Last edited by retxpres; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts
Default looks great

Install a a backoff xp flasher to that for more safety

www.signaldynamics.com

Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM
rmecca06
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered mine today hopefully have it next week

Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
They do - its in the 2011 P&A supplement.
Well mine does not fit the contours of the fender !!! Part nos match on the box to the chopped fender part nos, but there is no way it will fit, so will be taking it back next time i'm at the dealers.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 AM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Well mine does not fit the contours of the fender !!! Part nos match on the box to the chopped fender part nos, but there is no way it will fit, so will be taking it back next time i'm at the dealers.
There is two versions to this part. One is for a Sportster and the other is for the Dyna........

Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Well you would think HD would say that when ordering & paying for it !!!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well you would think HD would say that when ordering & paying for it !!!

Unless YOU gave them the part number without information on what you wanted it to fit, I'd take it back and tell them they ordered the wrong part and you want the right one.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM
aclundwall
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retxpres
There is two versions to this part. One is for a Sportster and the other is for the Dyna........
I bought the one that says it's for fxdwg AND dynas with the chopped fender kit. Says it right on the box. Even referenced the part number of the chopped fender kit that I bought for my 2011 Superglide. No joy! It clearly is specific to the wider fender of the FXDWG. No way will it work on the fender that came with my chopped fender kit. No way!

My fenders (both the chopped and stock) look like they have the exact same cross section as the fender on my wife's 2005 Sportster! I haven't actually measured them, but if they're different, it's by less than I can discern by eye. I'm betting the sportster model will fit my fender...I'm gonna take it with me when I go to the dealer to return the light. They had the one for the sportster in stock, too.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Well after taking it back to the dealer yesterday, it turns out there are 2 types, one for sportster and one for the dyna. Even had my original order for the Dyna chopped rear fender to show part nos match, but turns out my chopped rear fender that i got from HD is actually a chopped rear fender for a street bob & totally different to the dyna !!! Can't work this one out & neither could the dealer, but got a refund ! But still a bit ****ed off that Harley have sold me a chopped rear fender for a street bob that has part nos relating to something else, too late to change that now after custom painting etc....

Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

turns out my chopped rear fender that i got from HD is actually a chopped rear fender for a street bob & totally different to the dyna !!! Can't work this one out & neither could the dealer, but got a refund ! But still a bit ****ed off that Harley have sold me a chopped rear fender for a street bob that has part nos relating to something else, too late to change that now after custom painting etc....
A street bob IS a Dyna and has the same frame as your Super Glide - you have the right fender.

Quick Reply: HD New Part: Chopped Fender Edge Light