Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing a comfortable seat for my 110-Annv. FXDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 02:38 AM
AndreiTheGiant
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Choosing a comfortable seat for my 110-Annv. FXDC

So I have the 110th anniversary Super Glide Custom, and I'm looking to upgrade from the stock seat. I dig the brown insert panel on the seat, it matches the paint job, but otherwise it's like any other Super Glide seat and gets tiring for my lady after ~1 hour and for me after 1.5-2 hours.
I'm looking at both 1-piece and 2-piece saddles; I have a detachable backrest/luggage rack and detachable Leatherpros' T-Sport saddlebags, which I regularly put on and take off as necessary, so messing around with a separate pillion saddle is not a problem for me. I like the idea of naked/dresser convertibility being able to include the seats.

I'd sum up my priorities as the following
1- Looking good with the rest of the bike. Brown, not overly poofy like a Sundowner seat.
2- Passenger Comfort (much better than stock)
3- Driver Comfort (better than stock)
4- 1-up/2-up versatility

For what it's worth, the two pillion seats my wife has particularly liked on long rides were on the BMW R1200RT-WC, and 2nd gen Yamaha FZ-1. With stock Harley seats, her opinion goes Fatboy, Roadking, Heritage (she doesn't like the higher pillion seat, she catches extra wind to the face sitting up there), Ultra Classic/Limited (the seat is too spacious).

The options for seats I'm looking at are:
Corbin Dual Tour - Nice custom color options, from reviews I'm confident it will be very comfortable for both of us, if I'm not convinced any of the 2-piece seats can compete then I'm going with this one.
Corbin Classic Solo+Pillion - Again I like it a lot, but from the pictures she thinks the passenger pad will be thin/narrow/not comfortable.
Saddlemen Lariat Solo+Pillion - Looks good, Saddlemen gets good reviews and the driver seat should be comfy, but how's the passenger seat? I can't find any opinions or even good photos for it for the Dyna.
Mustang Brown Wide Tripper Solo+Pillion - Third option, but same as the Saddlemen Lariat, is the passenger seat even in the same league as the Corbin Dual Tour?

Anybody have experience with these on Dynas, particularly the 2-piece ones?

Old 07-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Have done big KM on a couple of mustang wide trippers, no complaints from passengers on the pillion seat either.

Only issues with Mustangs is if you ride in the rain they can get a little water logged.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:21 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,509 Likes on 3,019 Posts

C&C
Man, I love mine.

Last edited by NorthWestern; 07-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.