Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raked neck cups vs. raked trees

Old 04-06-2011, 01:21 PM
buzz-n-arnd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool raked neck cups vs. raked trees

Hey guys, new to the forums but long time rider. I need input on raking the front of my super glide 3 degrees. I have already lowered the rear but I cant decide to go with the cost effective neck cups or with the almost three times as much cost of the raked triple tree for the same effect. I needs the pros and cons and pictures would be awsome! Thanks in advance. Buzz

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Dingobob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Raked cups will not reduce handling as much as trees on there own will. I used to have raked cups and 2 degree trees on my 06. The only thing I didn't like about the is that they spread the trees almost 2" further apart. Here is a pic

I ended up doing away with the cups and chopping the neck adding 5 degrees

For more info on cups do a search for threads by traveller on his 05 fxd.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
buzz-n-arnd
Novice

That looks awsome. Your scoot looks really good. I was interested in doing 5 degrees too but was concerned about trail using the triple tree kit. Thats why I decided on 3 degrees.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM
buzz-n-arnd
Novice

do you still have the cups and stem? Do you want to get rid of them? I think would fit my 07 super glide.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Dingobob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No I don't plus I'm on the other side of the world. The only ones I know of are from Vulcan engineering. They arent very expensive. Pretty easy to install you just need to press the stem out and in.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
18wheels
Cruiser

I did the raked cups on my 09 superglide and it handles the same.. Went with the Vulcan works. Not only do you get the rake, but it lowers the bike's front about 2inches. What it does is spread the tree's farther apart, and on mine, the fork lock no longer works cause the spread of the lower tree from the neck of the frame. My ignition switch is on the tank so I have to be sure to lock it so I dont loose my ride..
hope all that makes sense...

Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default raked triple trees

Originally Posted by buzz-n-arnd
Hey guys, new to the forums but long time rider. I need input on raking the front of my super glide 3 degrees. I have already lowered the rear but I cant decide to go with the cost effective neck cups or with the almost three times as much cost of the raked triple tree for the same effect. I needs the pros and cons and pictures would be awsome! Thanks in advance. Buzz
hey buzz, I had a similar question about raking my triple trees and I got some good suggestions/comments this week. just do a search undre my name or triple trees and you will see some of the comments.

Are you definately going with vulcan? please let me know how they are and what you think and how hard it was to change. I am thinking of doing the same with my 98 dyna super but had some concerns about the trail with the 3degrees rake in the tt's. I found some from Headwinds that look pretty bad a$$ but let me know what you think/how you get along. Thanks.

Here is the headwinds link if it lets me post it:

http://www.headwinds.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=010501

Old 04-06-2011, 09:29 PM
buzz-n-arnd
Novice

Thanks for the input. I went to the Headwinds sight but only saw trees for 39mm forks. I have an 07 with 49mm. May call them tommorow and see if they have any thing to fit. 4 degrees would be that much better and the price is better than Seegers or Accutronics.