Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   got my stock seat back (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/62898-got-my-stock-seat-back.html)

blkdimon8 10-18-2006 11:47 PM

got my stock seat back

BadX
You are the man! Got my seat back today or I should say this afternoon, after fedx for some reason couldn't find my address. Just finished swapping it out a few minutes ago and I am happy with the results. BadX thanks budddy you did a great job I can now flatfoot the ground in shower shoes no less. Took it out for a run and the seat was great. Took the two reach seat off and I love the way the bike looks. Will take pictures this week once it clears up but for now here is a couple pics. Thanks again Allen. Guys you want your seat mod BadX does a great job for the price. Money I saved can go to some more chrome goodies. Love this forum. Ray

[IMG]local://upfiles/18735/D143B1745882471387BE073507124DC9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18735/101B023EA0BC4688877531BEC2484DA5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18735/169FEDA87D1A41898A465C5A6FFEF5F5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18735/C80B86E1B3984FF0A2E290313AADB1FB.jpg[/IMG]

waterman7474 10-19-2006 01:52 AM

RE: got my stock seat back

what did you do to it?

and i think your camera lens could use a little cleaning

blkdimon8 10-19-2006 09:55 AM

Had the seat shaved a couple inches, and moved back 1/2 an inch. it was dusk when I took the pics. your right though need to clean that lens. Seat is more comfortable now than when I got the bike.

ckgdrums 10-19-2006 10:17 AM

That lens may need cleaned but that's kind of a cool effect it's giving on the chrome. [sm=shades.gif]

PsTaN 10-19-2006 08:25 PM

Blkdimon8 ...

Have you lowered your bike? Looks like different shocks. If so, what are they and what length?

Nice lookn' ScooT as well !!

PsTaN

dlstanf2 10-19-2006 10:17 PM

I threw my stock seat in the trash. I could only do about 30 miles seat time on it. Went to a Mustang and love it.

blkdimon8 10-19-2006 11:27 PM

PsTaN

Thanks for the kind words. I lowered the rear about an inch and a half,used V-twin shocks, dropped the front forks about 3/4s of an inch. The two up reach seat helped another inch. But with the stock seat I just got back it really lowered it comfortably for me. All together dropped the bike almost 3 inches. Now depending on your weight you have to take into consideration the distance of travel for the shock itself, and anything rubbing against the fender.

BadX 10-20-2006 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: blkdimon8

BadX
You are the man! Got my seat back today or I should say this afternoon, after fedx for some reason couldn't find my address. Just finished swapping it out a few minutes ago and I am happy with the results. BadX thanks budddy you did a great job I can now flatfoot the ground in shower shoes no less. Took it out for a run and the seat was great. Took the two reach seat off and I love the way the bike looks. Will take pictures this week once it clears up but for now here is a couple pics. Thanks again Allen. Guys you want your seat mod BadX does a great job for the price. Money I saved can go to some more chrome goodies. Love this forum. Ray

Thanks Ray and your welcome. I am glad it has worked so good for you. Being an upholsterer by trade and motorcyclist at heart, its easy for me to understand the butt burn problem from first hand experiance and by trade I know what to do to fix it or atleast make it allot better.

blkdimon8 10-22-2006 01:00 AM

Well, I put almost 300 miles on the mod seat today, and it was great. It felt as though the seat was molded from my 4th point of contact (a$$ for our nonmilitary members) placed my heels on the footpegs and what a difference! can't wait to see how they feel with highway pegs on. This was one of the best investments I ever made, fellas if ya want another alternative to a custom seat and if your like me and $$$ is an issue this is the best route to take, and it looks good too. Allen of meancity cycles has my endorsement, and no I didn't get paid to say that. Just another satisfied customer. Now if I can only find someway to modify my handlebars without breaking my kid's piggy bank i'll be good to go. Thanks Allen for doing such a great job.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18735/A8E99E3E4B784A459D0A988BFC61201B.jpg[/IMG]