Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Highroads Harley-Davidson in Highland Park, People's Republic of NJ is closing (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/632101-highroads-harley-davidson-in-highland-park-peoples-republic-of-nj-is-closing.html)

rdondes 04-14-2011 04:18 PM

Highroads Harley-Davidson in Highland Park, People's Republic of NJ is closing

Highroads Harley-Davidson located at 211 Woodbridge Avenue, Highland Park, People's Republic of New Jersey (PRNJ) 08904, will close its doors and cease being a Harley-Davidson dealer on Friday, April 15, 2011. I received the official letter from Highroads in the mail today. The owner of Highroads Harley-Davidson is the same man that owns Liberty Harley-Davidson in Rahway, PRNJ. He will be keeping Liberty Harley-Davidson open. He purchased Harley-Davidson of Edison about 15 months ago, renamed it Highroads Harley-Davidson, and began losing money immediately and continuously. So in the last 2 years, two very longstanding Harley dealerships in the PRNJ have closed - Trenton Harley-Davidson and Highroads Harley-Davidson (formerly Harley-Davidson of Edison).

FYI for anyone that's interested.

Here's the announcement URL: http://highroadshd.com/

Richard...

lkohan7373 04-14-2011 04:55 PM

Are they having a going out of business sale? Or are they moving all their products to their other store? Just wondering if you know.

lucy brown 04-14-2011 05:28 PM

Doesnt surprise me one bit. No traffic at that location. I heard about a year ago that the owner of Brians Harley Davidson in PA was looking into buying it. Guess it's a good thing they didnt.

Some scary shit man. Trenton Harley, Mills Harley and now Highroads. All 3 NJ dealers that were relatively closes to each other.

I dont want to hear anybody complaining that Harley is targeting a younger crowd with their Black Label/Dark Custom stuff. If they dont the MOCO is going to go ass up sooner or later.

Robotech 04-14-2011 06:35 PM

I think the closures are more of a sign of the slow ecconomy than older Harley buyers dying off. Of course that said I'm all for them targeting younger buyers. :)

We had a store close out here in CA not too long ago...it was the one closest to my work. They had another store about 10 miles or so away so they just moved everything over there.

LQQK_OUT 04-15-2011 04:05 AM

Don't forget about Legends Harley in Ledgewood, NJ that also recently closed.
Not sure I'd call it scary, but rather standard "market forces" at work. Supply verse demand.
What's scary is the general economy!

Bogie1997 04-18-2011 12:20 PM

Let's face it, we are in hard times and I'm sure it's going to get worse. Support your local HD dealer as much as possible.

cameraboy 04-18-2011 12:24 PM

the closest joint to me sells hd, star, honda, kawasaki, and just added Royal Enfield and Triumph is coming to their lot this week.

seems smart to me.

BLS65 04-18-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robotech (Post 8190653)
I think the closures are more of a sign of the slow ecconomy than older Harley buyers dying off. Of course that said I'm all for them targeting younger buyers. :) .

Yup! you have to attract the young riders coming up, It's even more important in a slow economy. I'm in the Scuba business and we did a lousy job of recruiting new divers into the sport over the last couple of decades. We are now trying to play catch up in a weak economy, not good. Hopefully H.D. will stay ahead of the curve and get the next generation of riders jazzed about American Bikes.

jpace024 04-18-2011 05:57 PM

deleted

rdondes 04-19-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by lkohan7373 (Post 8190286)
Are they having a going out of business sale? Or are they moving all their products to their other store? Just wondering if you know.

They're moving all of their stuff to the Liberty Harley-Davidson dealer in Rahway.