Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Reflector removal on Dyna (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/63502-reflector-removal-on-dyna.html)

DougsDyna 10-22-2006 07:30 PM

Reflector removal on Dyna

Well, I finally took those ugly (IMO) reflectors off the bike after a year of looking at them.

I refuse to take full blame for my actions, though......... Every time I saw someones pic of their ride without them, it made me think about how d@mn nice my ride would look without the reflectors.

Went to Wally world today, and bought a cheap hair blower, then went to work heating those babies up and popping 'em off. Even after a year of roasting in the sun, and freezing in the cold, all I had to do was heat 'em up awhile, get my fingers behind 'em abit and pull......
No scratches, nothing to it. Used a little rubbin' alcohol on the remainder, a shot o wax, and perfecto..... no more ugly, all gone.
Just like rippin' an ugly bikini off a good lookin' woman.

I know the safety police can't appreciate what I have done, and hope some old gal in a Lincoln Towncar with one too many in 'er don't broadside me, and make a statistic out o me, but what is done is done (what a relief).

Well the bike seems happier about what I done, and I know I am. Sure gonna make my sweetheart easier to wax and shine up, now.

DougJ

lolife 10-22-2006 07:36 PM

RE: Reflector removal on Dyna

bout time.............................................. .................................................. ................ they were the first to go on mine.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

AZ Rider 10-22-2006 07:37 PM

Good job, Doug. I took those off the first day I had the bike. They just look tacky, in my opinion.

I didn't need the hair dryer, though. It was about 102 degrees that day so they just peeled off!

DougsDyna 10-22-2006 07:49 PM

I know what you mean, I almost took them off before I left the dealership, but then hesitated........ and then procrastinated..... and then just got too busy riding, and adding other cr@p to the bike, and then needed a hair blower. Not having any class, and no babe around, I just had to finally buy a blower. Finally bought a tube of toothpaste too, while I was in the beauty section.

Maybe next week, I'll use the toothpaste. Oh sh!t, forgot to get a toothbrush....... Oh well, there's always next year.

DougJ

CraigC 10-22-2006 10:27 PM

Yep, I couldn't wait to get rid of them damn things!

DougsDyna 10-22-2006 10:35 PM

Yep, the bike just looks like it was designed to NOT have the reflectors on it, especially the black bikes (IMO).

jonpiper 10-23-2006 12:04 AM

I left mine in the dealership parking lot ;)

Rhode Warrior 10-23-2006 01:50 AM

I removed my rear reflectors when I installed my sissy bar. Next I'm doing the ones on the lower fork legs. They look like Hell.

DougsDyna 10-23-2006 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: jonpiper

I left mine in the dealership parking lot ;)
Did ya really?? Cool.

DougJ

SDMF 10-23-2006 01:04 PM

You know what they say, "Better late than never."

[IMG]local://upfiles/9114/084D2B242B6C4F119F427D9025269CCD.jpg[/IMG]