Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H Fuelpak dumped for Screaming Eagle Super Tuner, WOW

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V & H Fuelpak dumped for Screaming Eagle Super Tuner, WOW

I have had my Street Bob for about a year now. It has V & H Short shots staggered and a high flow airfilter. The previous owner mounted a V & H Fuelpak and the bike has run pretty well except for the decel popping that apparantly is a known problem with the Fuelpak. Anyway I decided to test the bike on a dyno bench to see how well it performed. It turned out that it was running too lean. I wrote V & H and told them about the problem, but all they told me was that that would not be possible with the map i was running. They also told me that I had the right map for my setup and there was nothing I could do. That just p..... me off and I decided to get a Screaming Eagle Super tuner instead. I had it mounted yesterday and fine tuned on the Dyno bench and WOW what a difference. It's like night and day. The performance is pretty much the same but the difference in the middle area and at iddle is major. It simply just rocks all the way through now from bottom to top rpm's. At iddle it runs much more calm. It feels like a total different bike and it runs just great. It also has less vibrations now.

Just wanted to share the experience and difference

The following users liked this post:
Jacques (05-24-2019)
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Grundlepunch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same exhaust but with a power commander. I have a lot of pop on decel (and backfire). I bought the bike the way it is and the PO told me it had the correct map on it. wonder if im running lean as well

Old 05-28-2011, 09:35 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. IMO the V&H FuelPak is crap. I had one and didn't like it so I gave it away to another forum member, he didn't like either so in the trash it went. Glad you got your bike running well and that your having fun on it.

GrundlePunch...your base map got you close but, you'd probably benefit from a proper dyno tune.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:42 AM
AFHarley
Cruiser

Glad to hear this, it will influence my decision for sure. Been debating on a Fuelpak Vs. PCV... Might look at the HD tuner now.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

How much did the SE run you?

Old 05-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain

Where did you find it? Dealer or online? Let me know please, I have the same set up so I would like to put the super tuner in. Thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the tts mastertune. its a pretty good product as well. very easy to use if you have any computer skills.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

open your map file in the editor and set all your closed throttle (0)fuel values to plus 5 or 10 in the1000 thru 4750 rpm ranges... will help or eliminate your decel popping...
Originally Posted by Grundlepunch
i have the same exhaust but with a power commander. I have a lot of pop on decel (and backfire). I bought the bike the way it is and the PO told me it had the correct map on it. wonder if im running lean as well

Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Handsome
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fuzzman
How much did the SE run you?
As I live in Denmark you cannot compare the prices. Ususally I shop in the USA because its cheaper for me. But in this case I ordered it from my local dealer who is a pretty stand up guy. He is known here for his tuning skills, so I trust him.

Actually he told me that a SE Super tuner or a Power Commander would be the best choice because you can do the fine tuning on these. So even though he's a Harley dealer he also recommended a non Harley product

The Power Commander and the SE tuner is pretty much the same price here in Denmark so I chose the SE.

The result of the tuning is 75 HP on the rear wheel and a 122 NM torque with the setup I have. Pretty good as the standard setup is 74 HP on the engine.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The reason the FuelPak is crap at everything except hard acceleration and high speed is because the O2 sensors are still in use. Whatever (if any) changes it makes to the AFR at low/mid revs gets read by the O2 sensors, sent to the ECU and that then tries to drag the AFR back to the lean stock numbers.

The proper way to go is to either eliminate the O2 sensors (as with PowerCommander) or do a proper job with a SEPST or TTS.

The following users liked this post:
Detroit Iron (05-24-2019)

Quick Reply: V & H Fuelpak dumped for Screaming Eagle Super Tuner, WOW