Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On Street Glide while FXDWG in shop

Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hddan502
Exactly why I will not take one for a ride...look at maybe, but no ride. That would get me in to just a little bit of trouble! lol
Made the mistake of taking out a SG...now everytime one rolls by i end up wiping the drool off my face

Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
ken b
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA!, I swapped from an 09 SG to the dyna WG. And I am not turning back. I love my WG while my SG was a great bike I prefer the ride and nibble response of the Dyna over the SG. Call me crazy, but I like the WG more for the ride. The convience of the touring accessories on the SG are missed but the ride is not.

Last edited by ken b; 05-29-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:00 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Chicago ken save some $$$ and put the 110 in your bob and you'll smoke those bikes all day

Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 520 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
Dealer let me try a Street-Glide and a Road-King with the 103 in them when I took my bike in for service. Well I wished I hadn't ridden them because the 96 in the Fat-Bob just doesn't get it for me now. I was really impressed with how well the Road-King handles for a heavy bike. Same goes for the Street-Glide too. Real easy to manuver in tight spaces at low speeds, better than my Fat Bob. Both bikes have a real nice balance to them. If I had the money it would be bye-bye for the Fat-Bob.
Dealer must of though I was some kind of high-roller to let me take those two out for a couple of hours. Jokes on them, by no means do I have that kind of money to step up to those machines. It was a nice experience while it lasted.

I was able to score a 2011 Merlot Street Glide with the 103 at Woodstock Harley while my SuperGlide is in for 1K service. I was the lucky ones that was able to get one without having their perferred service. I didn't realized that, but was lucky.

Man what a great bike. Other than the buffeting I get when wearing a full face. That thing got some kick. This is the exact bike that I wanted, but my funds are limited. I won't ride without a full face but I heard that it would eliminate the buffeting. Given that Im only 5'5" I'm able to maneuver this bike very well. The placement of the floorboards are perfect for my frame other than the heel shifter.

Can't ride without any tunes so having a radio helps alot. I get alot of looks cause I'm blaring out music other than rock. I listen to a lot of rap, hip hop, and R&B so don't judge me.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
I was able to score a 2011 Merlot Street Glide with the 103 at Woodstock Harley while my SuperGlide is in for 1K service. I was the lucky ones that was able to get one without having their perferred service. I didn't realized that, but was lucky.

Man what a great bike. Other than the buffeting I get when wearing a full face. That thing got some kick. This is the exact bike that I wanted, but my funds are limited. I won't ride without a full face but I heard that it would eliminate the buffeting. Given that Im only 5'5" I'm able to maneuver this bike very well. The placement of the floorboards are perfect for my frame other than the heel shifter.

Can't ride without any tunes so having a radio helps alot. I get alot of looks cause I'm blaring out music other than rock. I listen to a lot of rap, hip hop, and R&B so don't judge me.
Mainly R&B and Jazz with a little Rap here and there...so I get the same looks.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:51 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

The more I read these kinds of threads, the more I love my FXD Dyna.