Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Denim Black or Sedona Orange???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM
fontaine03
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Denim Black or Sedona Orange???

Hey I have a 2011 Sedona Orange Fat Bob and just recently got in an accident with a cager. Gonna be a few months before i ride again but the bike isn't totaled and have the option of picking what color i want the tins to be when they piece it back together. I really liked the way the orange looked in the sunlight but also love the mean look of the demin black. Just wondering what some peoples' opinions were??? I heard the denim black is really hard to maintain??? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:54 PM
jetboy
Novice

I would stick with the orange. I thought black flames would look great over the orange.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fontaine03
Hey I have a 2011 Sedona Orange Fat Bob and just recently got in an accident with a cager. Gonna be a few months before i ride again but the bike isn't totaled and have the option of picking what color i want the tins to be when they piece it back together. I really liked the way the orange looked in the sunlight but also love the mean look of the demin black. Just wondering what some peoples' opinions were??? I heard the denim black is really hard to maintain??? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
It is not hard to maintain. It is actually easy as hell. Windex and Microfiber cloth and you are done. No hose, water bucket, wax, polish etc. Just windex. I try to wipe it down real quick each time I park it in the garage. Takes 5 minutes. And it looks great. I would say go with Denim.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 AM
force49r
Tourer

Not only is it easy yo keep clean, it's way faster!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 AM
BlackhawkDriver
Tourer

Nothing hard to maintain about the denim paint, but it will wear according to the MOCO. I'd say go with either the orange or something different all together. There are too many Denim and Vivid Black ones running around for me. I like to stand a little bit, not that Denim black isn't tempting cuz it is mean looking as hell.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Denim paint isn't difficult to maintain, as previously posted. I've only had mine for a little over a year and 12K miles, still looks just like new. I've read on the intardnet that it wears, but haven't noticed it happening with mine...maybe it takes a lot more miles/time to happen?

Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stick with orange. Way too many denim bikes running around.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 AM
tazaroo
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock Enthusiast
It is not hard to maintain. It is actually easy as hell. Windex and Microfiber cloth and you are done. No hose, water bucket, wax, polish etc. Just windex. I try to wipe it down real quick each time I park it in the garage. Takes 5 minutes. And it looks great. I would say go with Denim.
Why would you want to use an amonia based surface "cleaner" on your good paint? My recipe......use a 100% cotton cloth with Meguiar's products.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tazaroo
Why would you want to use an amonia based surface "cleaner" on your good paint? My recipe......use a 100% cotton cloth with Meguiar's products.
Obviously I use the commercial line ammonia free Windex. I guess I should have stated that.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM
The Dean
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now sounds like the time for you to go with a different color that isnt as boring as flat black or orange. Mines black for now but thats not the color forever.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Denim Black or Sedona Orange???