Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Ordered - New Power Vision Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 PM
tonygret
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered - New Power Vision Tuner

So I just ordered the new Power Vision tuner for my 09 Dyna. I also ordered a Stage 1 Air Cleaner kit from the same place. I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but when I ran across this tuner it seemed like the thing to do.

http://fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

This tuner requires no installation or modification to the bike at all. You tell them how you have the bike modified and they send the "tune" already in the device and you simply push it out to the factory ECM. It also backs up the factory setting to be restored at any time. They also have a kit so you can mount it on the bars and check out all the cool data while riding. (like you need more distractions)

So It seemed obvious this was the way to go. I also figured since you are not installing anything, you could use it on multiple bikes. But the device "marries" itself to your ECM and is only good for that one bike unless you pay to "Unlock" it for another bike. They haven't come out with a way to do that yet but I hear it's coming soon. You can however retune the same bike as many times as you want.

So I wonder if anyone has used this thing and what your thoughts are. I have thought about HD Factory not being too happy with this device and also probably denying warranty. But since you can just reload the factory map in a few minutes, and there is nothing installed, how could they ever know. I should get it in a few days and will post my experience.

Any thoughts?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:19 AM
markkoby
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I did the same, all is good and the bike rides tops

Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 AM
mibeaulieu
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one - I love it. Simple and nothing attaches to the bike unless you want it to. I had a V&H fuelpak before and it was prone to issues. This thing works great!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 AM
KevenW
Tourer

How does this compare to the power commander v?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

I plan on getting one of these shortly as I plan to do a Stage I around Labor Day. V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, Kuryakyn Hi-Five Mach 2 and the Power Vision. Can't wait.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:28 AM
tonygret
Tourer

KevinW

As I stated the biggest difference is there is nothing to install at all. Just plug it into the diagnostic port, flash the map and you're done. As far as the maps go, I think they are the same as the PCV.

Also, Unlike the PCV this has a visual display where you can monitor all types of engine perameters and even do diagnostics and clear codes. I'll know more when I receive it.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
KevenW
Tourer

Oh so that's the auto tune you was talking about.I wondered of that was it.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Acemechanic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by KevenW
How does this compare to the power commander v?

The Dynojet Power Vision is the next step in EFI tuning. If you have been using the power commander III or V for any length of time and have developed a library of fuel maps. The good news is that they all can be imported to the power vision VIA the supplied software winpv. The power vision does everything that the power commander V does plus more. You can see live data of the sensors, calculate fuel mileage, read diagnositic trouble codes and clear stored trouble codes that turn on the check engine lamp. You can create your own custom maps using the supplied software and flash them to the ECU. The best thing about this EFI tuner is the fact that it flashes the program to the ECU. The reason I find this a benefit is because there is no electronic devices added to the bike wiring & taking up valuable space.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by KevenW
Oh so that's the auto tune you was talking about.I wondered of that was it.
No, that's not the auto tune. The auto tune is a separate module. Even with the power vision, if you want real time, "tune as you ride", adjustments, you have to have the auto tune module installed, along with wide band o2 sensors.

The power vision is a real nice unit, though. I've had no issues with my PC-V, but I would like the option to monitor some things while riding.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The power vision is very popular here with the amateur and driveway mechanic crowd who just want to ride without much fuss. There are tuning tools for about the same price with much more capability, but for the average Joe I think the power vision is pretty good package.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered - New Power Vision Tuner