Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Headlamp on 11 WG

Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED Headlamp on 11 WG

just installed the LED headlamp in my stock 11 WG bucket. unsure why the lamp says its incompatible with the fxdwg from 11 and back, but it fit nicely in mine. here are some pics. the bucket HD sells is all black, and $60, probably should just save your money, and use the one you got, unless you want it all black, where in that case...just paint it?

pics:

Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Im gonna get me one of those things . With deer everywhere here I could use the extra lighting . thanks for posting pics.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Read on here where some had to file a notch wider to get it to fit. While some had to just install the light. Saving up for a new tire and a led bulb for next spring. Glad it worked out for you.

Missedem, glad to see you made it back. Hope your friend is doing better and you had a good ride.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
valter
Tourer

Originally Posted by missedem
Im gonna get me one of those things . With deer everywhere here I could use the extra lighting . thanks for posting pics.
funny but serious story.

I was riding to work at dusk, the day before rolling thunder 2011, 2 weeks after buying my bike.

2 deer cross 4 lanes of rt 66 in VA, jump a jersey barrier, and start crossing the east bound lanes. i didn't see them till it was too late. first one was past me already, but the second was getting up from falling over jumping the barrier. she started to dart across. i was going 60 ish in the high speed lane. only thought i had was to gun it, cause if i slowed down any, i would spear it in the center...so after getting on the throttle in 6th, i was able to only have it hit my horn cover, my shin, and my license plate. it hurt so bad. i stayed up, and continued to work. limped in, iced it, went to the hospital. next day, still rode in rolling thunder. deer died...stupid deer.

if deer are going to cross 8 lanes of traffic...they will cross a wooded 1 or 2 lane road, so guess who isn't roaring around at night anymore...this guy.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
valter
Tourer

i can't wait for it to get dark

Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
KungPowMinchow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to file the notch just a tad to make it ft on my stock bucket but its well worth the money

Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know how this new light performs compared to the stock one. A simple bulb change makes a small differance but with shorter life. HIDs are very bright but don't have the best light pattern.
Billy

Old 08-12-2011, 07:55 PM
valter
Tourer

Originally Posted by Billyram
Let us know how this new light performs compared to the stock one. A simple bulb change makes a small differance but with shorter life. HIDs are very bright but don't have the best light pattern.
Billy

Holy crap. 3X the light minimum.

http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/Detail?no=791446
or
https://shop.zanottimotor.com/part/73273-11a-0

319 or 329

get one. worth it

most of the light comes from the 2 D shaped lenses. i will post pic soon, maybe tonight if i don't have too much to drink. the High just adds maybe 2x the light of the low in front of you. worth every penny.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:20 PM
valter
Tourer

if it's not raining tonight, i will take some pics, and post em. I like seeing the reflection of the 3 lights in peoples bumpers...in the parking garage, it was amazing, can't wait to see it on the back roads.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
valter
Tourer

here is the low and high.

i love it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Headlamp on 11 WG