Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Installed Siren today on the factory security system (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/689137-installed-siren-today-on-the-factory-security-system.html)

SteveDyna 09-17-2011 07:13 PM

Installed Siren today on the factory security system

I bought the $89. siren kit to add to my 11 FXDWG I just bought. Even though I had the factory security kit, I didnt like the idea of leaving my bike ignition locked, but 4 worthless trolls come along anyway and just life it up and into the back of a truck, and off they go, figure out how to start it later.

It was fairly simple, and my mechanical skills are average. Took approx 1 hour. Hardest part was figuring out which connector was the actual one to plug into the siren port. Took my time, and it works like a charm. Thing absolutely SHRIEKS like an ex-wife when the alimony check is late, and I like the chirp it now makes when I walk away from the bike confirming its alarmed.

One big question, and I know people will say H-D wants to make money, but WHY DOESNT IT COME STANDARD WITH THE H-D SECURITY OPTION?!?It a no-brainer, its like they installed half a system?
I mean it doesnt make any sense? Just raise the price of the security option from $370. to $460. its not that big a deal on an average 15K+ bike?

Oh, by the way, I love my new :icon_headbang:HOG!!

JaronB 09-17-2011 07:26 PM

IMO......Probably because people like me don't like hearing them. I wouldn't like hearing my bike chirp as it arms and disarms. Audible alarms are so 90s anyways!!

SteveDyna 09-17-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by JaronB (Post 8830102)
Probably because people like me don't like hearing them. I don't like hearing the bike chirp as it arms and disarms. Audible alarms are so 90s anyways!!

Some people just love to piss on any parade any chance they get. You must annoy easy.

I hope my post was helpful to anyone considering it, that was the purpose of my describing it.

atretes1 09-17-2011 08:22 PM

Been thinking of doing this myself.

overhead 09-17-2011 08:45 PM

I think they realize enough people would prefer not to have the audible siren. And, they can make money selling/installing it for those that want it.

I installed it on my bike, don't really give a shit if others like it or not.

BluBob 09-17-2011 08:53 PM

HD wouldn't even have to install the sirens to have an audible alarm, they come with a horn. They could just wire the alarm circuit to the horn with a constant lead. But then they wouldn't sell many sirens at all.

valter 09-17-2011 09:10 PM

part number for siren? pics?

cbrenthus 09-17-2011 09:17 PM

Got one on my road king, going to get one for my wide glide. I like how the siren is eir piercing! Can't miss it!

JaronB 09-17-2011 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SteveDyna (Post 8830070)
I bought the $89. siren kit to add to my 11 FXDWG I just bought. Even though I had the factory security kit, I didnt like the idea of leaving my bike ignition locked, but 4 worthless trolls come along anyway and just life it up and into the back of a truck, and off they go, figure out how to start it later.

It was fairly simple, and my mechanical skills are average. Took approx 1 hour. Hardest part was figuring out which connector was the actual one to plug into the siren port. Took my time, and it works like a charm. Thing absolutely SHRIEKS like an ex-wife when the alimony check is late, and I like the chirp it now makes when I walk away from the bike confirming its alarmed.

One big question, and I know people will say H-D wants to make money, but WHY DOESNT IT COME STANDARD WITH THE H-D SECURITY OPTION?!?It a no-brainer, its like they installed half a system?
I mean it doesnt make any sense? Just raise the price of the security option from $370. to $460. its not that big a deal on an average 15K+ bike?

Originally Posted by SteveDyna (Post 8830223)
Some people just love to piss on any parade any chance they get. You must annoy easy.

I hope my post was helpful to anyone considering it, that was the purpose of my describing it.

I wasn't pissing on anyone's parade, I answered your question. I mean you typed it in bold. I even ended it with a smart a$$ comment, so it seems to me sir you need to change out your panties to some big boy underwear.

Oh great job on installing the annoying siren!! Is that what you wanted an "atta boy?"

If you have read any of my post most of the time I'm helping people. If you don't like opinions don't ask for them, especially if you bold them...sheesh!!

And I'm glad you love your hog, welcome to the forum and have a great evening.

ilovemyskidoo 09-17-2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by SteveDyna (Post 8830070)

yup they are super easy to put in did mine myself as well i was wondering the same thing siren should have come the the system