Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush helmets-any experience?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skull Crush helmets-any experience?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a good helmet that won't emphasize my already way huge melon any more than it already is. Although my head only measures 25" around about the only helmets I can squeeze on are HJC XXX's, and then it looks like a bowling ball sitting on top of another bowling ball. You get the picture.

Anyway the Skull Crush helmets are not actually DOT but the reps do everything but come out and say they're really better than DOT. I was thinking about a 3/4 which they say comes with 3 different size pad sets so it fits anybody.

Anybody know anything about Skull Crush?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Skull Crush Helmets
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dondee,
Any luck finding a helmet?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:31 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like how their webpage says "No, we are not the company ACC that went out of business years ago and we never have been."

Yet the phone number they give was also listed on head trip helmets (ACC, Carbonfiberhelmets, scumbags) website. Not the brightest bunch. I would never buy a helmet - or any other product - from any company that was a part of that ACC scam.

My gut tells me it is probably not the same company in a legal sense, but I'll also bet those helmets are the same as what ACC was selling. Half shell, Polo, and German, just like ACC. And they added a 3/4. Website also says the shells are made in Florida, same as ACC was.

http://www.headtriphelmets.com/dealers1.html

Last edited by BluBob; 11-05-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the helmet is "not actually DOT" then it will most likely not actually protect your head when your head hits the street or a guardrail, etc. If these helmets were actually as good or better than DOT, then why doesn't the company get DOT certification?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Boy oh boy, some folks love to wallow in ignorance.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

How about a Snell approved helmet and a body armor jacket with shoulder pads to offset the bigger helmet?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
h2o
Road Captain

I have a Skull crush that I use for real short trips like riding to the gym or the store. The kind of trips where you wouldn't leave 2nd or 3rd gear. The helmet looks great but let me very clear. There is no way in hell that it is better than DOT.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
sshillbilly
Stage IV

I have one of the old Headtrip hemlets. This was before they became NON DOT and I paid dearly for it. I tried to return mine when they informed everyone there were not actually non dot. I was told that I was SOL. I would not buy another period. It is not that comfotable and was not worth the money. Can't say whether the new company is the same or not but they sure look like mine.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks Skull Crush is a horrible name for something thats supposed to protect your skull?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,356 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
If the helmet is "not actually DOT" then it will most likely not actually protect your head when your head hits the street or a guardrail, etc. If these helmets were actually as good or better than DOT, then why doesn't the company get DOT certification?
Neither will the actual DOT helmets because most claim compliance, only a few are tested, and many of those fail when tested.

I have a skull crush, I like it a lot, very comfortable, and fashionable too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Skull Crush helmets-any experience?