Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger to Dyna Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I went from a RG to a Dyna Custom. I do miss the sound system, but other than that, the Dyna is a much more responsive, easier handling bike. I've done the same ride routes with both and found the Dyna (with windshield and sundowner) to be more relaxing and a more enjoyable ride...dd50

Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
MB, I'm curious as to why you chose the road glide over the street glide. Love the looks of both but did that fixed faring on the RG as opposed to the SG that is mounted to and turns with the forks, take some getting used to?
When I sat on a RG, that dynamic kinda tripped me out.

Ooops, i already asked this question, sorry
The fixed fairing isn't an issue on the RG. When you go into a turn you really don't turn that much. When you ride your car I'm sure your headlights don't turn either and you manage just fine I'm sure. What you will notice is that you don't have all that extra weight on the front end. Turning and handling is improved along with reduced cross wind effect. Don't knock it till you try it.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DCLXVI
The fixed fairing isn't an issue on the RG. When you go into a turn you really don't turn that much. When you ride your car I'm sure your headlights don't turn either and you manage just fine I'm sure. What you will notice is that you don't have all that extra weight on the front end. Turning and handling is improved along with reduced cross wind effect. Don't knock it till you try it.
It's not that I don't like the street glide,I do like them. But my Roadie had so many extra installed by the dealer , I had to get it. I like the fact that I don't see many road glides around here.
It took all of 1 hr maybe to get used to the fairing.
I love the ride /wind protection / tunes and the cruse .

Sorry I meant to quote FBinSoCal

Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MB-WideGlide
It's not that I don't like the street glide,I do like them. But my Roadie had so many extra installed by the dealer , I had to get it. I like the fact that I don't see many road glides around here.
It took all of 1 hr maybe to get used to the fairing.
I love the ride /wind protection / tunes and the cruse .

Sorry I meant to quote FBinSoCal
Originally Posted by DCLXVI
Thanks for the info guys. I haven't ridden one and was curious about the experience.