Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High rear-end Dynas????

Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Kustrud
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High rear-end Dynas????

What are the Dynas with the "raised" rear end? Just to clarify, I am not putting anyone's bike down, its obviously a popular model, just curious. What are they and why is the back end so high? Just for more clearance all around?? I just don't get why the whole back tire would want to be shown....

Old 02-22-2014, 12:02 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Because dragging the pipe at 60mph is no good. They're mostly super glides or street bobs. Some on here are fxdx fxdxt, or fxr. If your gonna hit the twisties hard you want taller shocks or you'll drag everything. I really dig that pipe on your bike, but you'll see what I mean about dragging. That pipe hangs pretty low

Old 02-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Kustrud
Tourer

I figured that was it...just curious! I don't plan on leaning over enough to drag it, Ive leaned enough for it to hit on purpose and it actually took a good bit so should be fine for cruising around - don't plan on tearing through super curvy roads too fast.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:22 AM
oldlefty
Tourer

i second that. the higher frame allows you to lean the bike over further and therefor take the corners more aggressively. mine is higher than stock for that very reason. pipe selection also. you will notice the line or "plain" that your exhaust sits at in comparison to your swing arm.
eg, yours is lower than swing arm. some are aiming up at the collector and higher than or even to the swing arm.
so it's for function and not cuz it's cool or anything.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:04 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,037 Likes on 11,057 Posts

My new Super Glide drags the lower muffler heat shield radiator clamp on the right and the foot peg on the left during moderate leaning. What are you using to raise the bike in the rear? I assume longer shocks, how long and what kind? Does raising the rear affect the rake angle of the fork? Any handling quirks to raising the rear?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Lowered bikes look nice, but you've given up any real cornering, especially with those pipes!
Gad zooks, looks like you could rest the bike on those pipes like a kickstand!

Old 02-22-2014, 06:27 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have air ride i can drop the shocks down to 9.75" or up to 13.5" eye to eye at will makes it sooo much easier slam it for profiling aroudn town and pump some air to 'er to hit them corners harder

Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 AM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldlefty
i second that. the higher frame allows you to lean the bike over further and therefor take the corners more aggressively. mine is higher than stock for that very reason. pipe selection also. you will notice the line or "plain" that your exhaust sits at in comparison to your swing arm.
eg, yours is lower than swing arm. some are aiming up at the collector and higher than or even to the swing arm.
so it's for function and not cuz it's cool or anything.

Not to highjack the thread, but who makes your fairing if you don't mind me asking? I like the look.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll bet you it's a Rifle Roadster with the 18" screen in tint. They also have a 15" and a bubble available as well. They go for about $300 plus paint.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:53 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The FXDP Police Dynas sat pretty high up in the air. 13.25" shocks on the rear - no trouble seeing the tire! But front fork tubes were 1"+ longer also so the whole thing sits high. Although the FXDP was only a solo, it sat high cause of the radio/amp/pole light/marker lights/touring case for cop supplies, carried on the back rack. Also, gave more lean capability for pursuits. Only made 2001-2004. Pretty rare, now. This is my '04 as she originally stood.

Attached Thumbnails High rear-end Dynas????-100_0975.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High rear-end Dynas????