Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   07 Sportster 883c or 06 Street Bob (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/718800-07-sportster-883c-or-06-street-bob.html)

rapraven 12-28-2011 03:54 PM

07 Sportster 883c or 06 Street Bob

considering selling my '07 Sportster 883c and buying an '06 Dyna Street Bob...similar mileage on both bikes...any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks

trozenhorse 12-28-2011 04:23 PM

bigger heavier bike with wider forks, i have my original sportster, now have a fatboy as well, no comparison at all for me, especially on the hwy.

rooti 12-28-2011 04:25 PM

I went from a 06 sporty to my 2011 dyna superglide. You will be comfortable on it right away. As fun as the sporty is, the dyna has the same fun factor with a much better ride. You will never be sorry...
Just do it and let us know what you think after the first ride.

Dyna's are sportys on steroids

Dropkick 12-28-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by rooti (Post 9191194)

Dyna's are sportys on steroids

:icon_that:

missedem 12-28-2011 08:40 PM

Must be true about dyna's being sportsters on steroids LOL..lots of people are saying it.

I love sportsters but dynas can not be beat on the highway . They handle great and 6th gear at 80 MPH rules.

I have to say though the 2012 48 1200 sportster is one of the best looking bikes on the road.

missedem 12-28-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by rapraven (Post 9191089)
considering selling my '07 Sportster 883c and buying an '06 Dyna Street Bob...similar mileage on both bikes...any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks

Consider a 2007 Dyna Street Bob if you can . the inner primary bearing problem on 2006 Dynas can be fixed but its a pain in the a@@. Before buying the 2006 check to see if the IPB has been done. Also find out if the 2006 Dyna's have the upgraded cam chain tensioners. You should be able to find out any answers to any questions you have here in the dyna forum. I have had 4 Sportsters , 3 dynas, and 1 Heritage softail. The dyna street bob is my favorite bike of them all by far.

tcabello 12-28-2011 09:01 PM

I went from an '08 nightster to an 09 'Bob. I love my Bob. Though I do like sportster (I don't think they're entry level Harleys or women's bikes), the Dynas can accomplish more. Dynas are a great middle of the road bike. They are nimble enough to be a daily driver around town (know that for a fact since my 'Bob is my daily driver) and yet they're still comfortable enough for the highway. And that's where the sporties fall short. I think it's a no brainer. And even though '06 'Bobs might have some mechanical issues, I still think it'd be worth getting one and fixing any problems it might have.

JimmieJack 12-28-2011 09:58 PM

Sportsters are fun on the street but on the Hwy it's definately Dyna.

Jimbo

Bear_4112 12-28-2011 10:31 PM

I have ridden sportys and think that the dyna is the way to go, it has the handling of a sporty but more get up and go than one especially on the highway cruising at 60+. I love my 06 bob and wont get a different bike for many years to come.

onemyndseye 12-28-2011 10:59 PM

Dyna hands down...

Everyone else here said it well. The Dyna can do all a sporty can but with more comfort. Far more versatile bike. Specially if your not a small guy. Both can rip and run but only 1 of them falls short on a long hwy run. You can take a Dyna and do alittle outfitting and its a very capable tourer. Something that cant be said for the sporty.

Personally when I was shopping I rode the 883, the 1200 and the Dyna SG. Im about 5'10" 250lbs or so and I wasnt comfortable on the sporty line 3min outa the parking lot. The SG was comfortable immediately and throughout my ride and to me felt like a bike should. The sporty seemed more high strung.. kinda, god forbid, metric-ish :P

Even my salesman before leaving the lot on the 1st sporty told me that he hates to sale them because 9 of 10 that he sales gets traded back in on a bigger bike within the 1st year.

No bike out there will grow into YOU. Get a bike you can grow on... Get a bike you can put miles on.