Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   FLD on a Sears Jack (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/718971-fld-on-a-sears-jack.html)

G.O.D. 12-29-2011 07:24 AM

FLD on a Sears Jack

Took about an Hour to Modify the Jack. works Great.

marcortez 12-29-2011 10:25 AM

Can you please give us a full description on what you did to the jack, to make it fit properly?....

Thanks

JHL-ShinySideUp 12-29-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by marcortez (Post 9193583)
Can you please give us a full description on what you did to the jack, to make it fit properly?....

Thanks

^ Yeah, that. ^

G.O.D. 12-29-2011 07:25 PM

I did a Search on this Site for a Sears jack and got the Info from SC-LongHairs Post Called Sears red jack modification . He also has a Video. I will go step by step. 1. In the Begining I gathered my Tools. 2. Used a Sawsall to cut the Bar Between the Riser Plates. 3. Used a Hand Grinder to Smooth the Bung Hole that was left. 4. Used a Half Inch Drill Bit to Enlarge all 4 Holes Then Reversed the Riser Plates. I used 1/2 inch by 6 inch Grade 5 Bolts, Nylox Nuts and Fender Washers. I think you could get away with 5 1/2 inch Bolts. Takes a little Finagling to get it just Right under the Bike. Works great.

p51bombay 12-29-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by G.O.D. (Post 9195452)
3. Used a Hand Grinder to Smooth the Bung Hole that was left. 4. Used a Half Inch Drill Bit to Enlarge all 4 Holes Then Reversed the Riser Plates.

Did cornholio help? LOL

Nice job. :)

mrnone 12-29-2011 09:49 PM

really nice
I love shit like this
cut it, weld it, hit it with the torch
it would look better with boobs
congrats on retiring
I know a guy who got killed after 40 years 2 hours before his last shift was over.
you made it
whoo hoo

G.O.D. 12-29-2011 11:43 PM

Thank You Gentlemen. Mr None. Have you Pulled the Forks off a Dyna Yet.? I'm wavering as to whether I'm going to step up to a Major Jack like BigDog or J&S or a Lift like yours. I'm gona hook up with FB soon for some Talking and Tire Kicking you Interested?

p51-Did cornholio help? LOL

Wasn't that B&B?

tubby220 12-30-2011 07:22 AM

Damn I rather hoped I could use the Dyna blocks I used on the streetbob!

8541hog 12-30-2011 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by G.O.D. (Post 9196431)
Thank You Gentlemen. Mr None. Have you Pulled the Forks off a Dyna Yet.? I'm wavering as to whether I'm going to step up to a Major Jack like BigDog or J&S or a Lift like yours. I'm gona hook up with FB soon for some Talking and Tire Kicking you Interested?

p51-Did cornholio help? LOL

Wasn't that B&B?

No need for any other jack. The Sears works just fine. I had my bike fully lifted without straps when the 5.9 earthquake hit here, no worries.

mrnone 12-30-2011 08:12 AM

haven't pulled forks yet.
there are a pair on ebay right now for 20 bucks would like to powder coat a set of take offs. I am modifying this table to accept my floor lift taking the wheels off of it making blocks for the dyna frame so I can strip a whole bike if I need to

yeah lets hook up.
working on fb's solo rack today
need to figure out a two up rack for my tour pak.
also need some progress on the batwing fairing