Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Wind Vest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Drdriller
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a Wind Vest?

I am looking for some personal experience from anyone with a wind vest. It looks pretty good, but I hate to buy it sight unseen. I am 6'1" with a 2011 Fat Bob. I don't want a lot of buffeting.

thanks!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have one. Fitted it for a few hours only. Kinda did the job but its fugly so I'm back to my flyscreen that just takes the edge of the wind on my head.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed, I had one and sold it fast because I thought that it was ugly.....just my opinion. The one that I got from windvest for my also Bob scratched up my handlebars. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Drdriller
Cruiser

even though it looks like ***, how did it function?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Drdriller,

I have one that I used for a while. I bought it used from another forum member. It was the 14" model. I modded it by cutting the bottom to follow the contour of the headlights and also modded the installation so that it bolted directly on top of the triple trees. I liked the look and it functioned pretty well. Took all the pressure off the chest and created a nice "dead air" space. After I lowered mine I did pick up some mild buffeting which would rattle my riding glasses. IF I wore a full face helmet (which I don't), it would have been perfect. Currently not using it as it interferes with my current mini ape setup...

Here is a link to the thread of mine both when I first mounted it and another after I modded it...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...vest-pics.html

Modded:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...wind-vest.html

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Drdriller
Cruiser

EricInCa,
That looks terrific. Did you cut it with a jig saw or dremel or something? How did you prevent cracks?
Thanks

Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
CM22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one for longer trips. It keeps the wind off of my chest and is low profile. It is the only shield that I would rock on my dyna but then again I only put it on 3 or 4 times a year.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:12 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybodies different...I've had a windvest on a sportster and now my dyna. It is the only windshield I would consider for those two bikes. I actually love the looks of it and it works much better then most bigger windshields I've used. I get no buffeting at all with it...if you do, you don't have the angle right.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
drop it
Cruiser

I have one on my WG and I love it, now I am 5'9". I love the look and it works for me!! Yea not cheap but this is my baby!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a Wind Vest?-my-2011-wide-glide-004.jpg   Anyone have a Wind Vest?-my-2011-wide-glide-001.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I had no idea that was called a wind vest.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Wind Vest?