Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WMI Jockey Shift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default WMI Jockey Shift Kits

Have you guys seen these yet? I just happened to see a banner on the website as I was scrolling through today's threads. I think these jockey shifts are freakin awesome! My old man has a '48 Indian with a suicide clutch w/ 3-speed shifter on the side. Growing up that bike always made me want a jockey shifter. I think WMI's is even more of what I actually want, eliminating that suicide shifter. I think this is definitly one mod that I am going to save a little money for.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Widow Maker
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Eric, I saw your comment about a WMI Jockey Shift for your Wide Glide. We sell a ton of shifters every week and have sold a large number for Dynas. Also, I see you're in the Navy. Thank you for your service to our country! We offer a military discount to all service men and women. We look forward to doing business with you. Thank you, Chip

Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by Widow Maker
Hello Eric, I saw your comment about a WMI Jockey Shift for your Wide Glide. We sell a ton of shifters every week and have sold a large number for Dynas. Also, I see you're in the Navy. Thank you for your service to our country! We offer a military discount to all service men and women. We look forward to doing business with you. Thank you, Chip
Chip, thanks for the post! I got a trip out of town next week, and as long as I do good on spending, I will be ordering when I get back! BTW, do you offer any custom handles or anything like that?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:22 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I love the idea of the jockey shifter and the quality of the setup from you guys at Widow Maker looks good. But, I am not a fan of the clutch lever being on the shift handle. I feel that people put the put a jockey shifter on ther bike for at least two reasons, one is to be different and make the bike look cool, second is to clean up or eliminate the clutch cable as an eye sore. I would prefer a setup that replaced my current clutch cable with a much shorter. This cable would be acutated via the riders foot at the bikes original shift point, press the lever forward with your foot and shift with you hand. I know you huys know what I am talking about.

I wish someone would make a nice clean setup like this and provide pictures of how it looks on a Dyna.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM
drop it
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Widow Maker Ind.

I called Chip just this last saturday and ordered mine, should have it this week, pics to come- thanks again Chip-griffin

Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I wish someone would make a nice clean setup like this and provide pictures of how it looks on a Dyna.
Someone does make it, look up Trippster, he has one on his bike.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Someone does make it, look up Trippster, he has one on his bike.
Thanks, I PM'd him about the setup. The pics in his garage show the jockey shift , but there are no close ups of it.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

I was kind of suprised initially to not see a whole lot of comments on this post.....then I ran across the thread that took place last year about this topic....which would explain the lack of posts on this thread....seems to be a lot of strong opinions out there about this sort of thing. I agree with those who have stated, its your ride, do what you want with it. BlueAngel173.....I thought the same thing at first about the clutch handle, then I kind of shifted and thought...its different. By no means a clean look, but I donk think it ruins the look either, just different. The ol' lady doesnt like it, but I only listen to her when I ask whats for dinner (j/k, sort of)

Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM
MXerwithaBob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was kind of suprised initially to not see a whole lot of comments on this post.....then I ran across the thread that took place last year about this topic....which would explain the lack of posts on this thread....seems to be a lot of strong opinions out there about this sort of thing. I agree with those who have stated, its your ride, do what you want with it. BlueAngel173.....I thought the same thing at first about the clutch handle, then I kind of shifted and thought...its different. By no means a clean look, but I donk think it ruins the look either
I'd have to agree. I like the clean look of the suicide clutch/shift setup but I think I'd feel more comfortable with both feet on the ground at stops. I also agree with the thoughts on that previous thread that it looks very bulky on the bike, not bad....just bulky.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

The "suicide" shift lever that you guys are refering to I am not so much a fan of only because I don't want to reach under my leg to shift. I do belive that a true suicide shift setup requires the bike to not have a front brake, hence the reason it suicide to have one foot on the clutch and the other on the rear brake trying to stop.

I like the shift lever that WMI has, I just not a fan ot the clutch lever being attached to it. I want the shift lever next to the tank and the clutch lever down at the feet. I beleive the pic below is from a forum member. It is the look I am discribing, I just want it a little more raw looking (which is what I like about the WMI shift lever setup).

Last edited by blueangel73; 02-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: WMI Jockey Shift Kits