Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Street Bob Black Ceramic Exhaust suggestions?

Old 08-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Slayer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Street Bob Black Ceramic Exhaust suggestions?

Hi there! Me & my bob were just hit by a van making an illegal left turn. Bike needs some work especially on the right shock where it was hit and I'm limping along with a possible meniscus or cartilege tear in my knee. All this got me thinking about getting new louder pipes once the police report, insurance stuff and repairs are all taken care of.

I know Thunderheader has black ceramic pipes, but they're a bit too loud here in control freak California. Who else has them?
Thanks for the help!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:10 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 Street Bob Black Ceramic Exhaust suggestions?

I live in LA and think that Thunderheader and Bassani pipes will give you no trouble with the boys in blue. I ride right up to bike cops all the time with no problems although I do stay out of downtown Beverly Hills when I can. Those guys will nail you for anything.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my bike back from having a Thunderheader,DFO and a Screaming eagle air filter installed.The black Thunderheader looks AWSOME on a flat black bob but it's LOUD, apearantly not that loud though. On my first test ride went right by the cop shop and right next to two cruisers pulling out, they probably had something more important to do.Anyway I'm loving it, If you want black pipes AND more power Thunderheader is the way to go.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Thunderheader is THE way to go. I love mine. Sounds great and looks killer.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:19 AM
thebestofindica
Tourer

I don't wanna jump on the bandwagon, but..............my ceramic black thunderheader just got here today and will go on sunday night. I have already installed pcIII and SE a/c. Others have said it sounds like a pro stock harley. Now that might be a stretch, but if it sounds remotely like that, it will be money well spent. It also has a lot of character.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:32 AM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Bassani's (and love em) and my buddy has Thunderheader. I like the sound of both. Thunderheader may be my next pipe when and if that time comes.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

I've heard the Thunderheader on the Bob and it is LOUD. For those who've heard both, which is louder Bassani or Thunderheader? I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid neurotic about the cops. Anyone know if the black Hookers are going to be available for 06 Dynas? It sucks - I love the look of dual pipes, but the performance benefits are so much better with the 2-into-1's. *sigh*

Old 08-19-2006, 02:26 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Hey fripple you get any popping on decel?Mine backfires like a **** when I roll off the throttle from high revs.With rice burners this means one of three things #1 air leak, #2 EPA P.A.I.R. system pumping cold air into the cylinders on the exhaust stroke, or #3 too lean idle mixture.Since I'm pretty sure Harley isn't using the PAIR system I'm guessing too lean idle mixture.What do you think?

Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

yeah i have before at really high revs. I have the PCIII map from their site, but I think it could benefit from a dyno. You have a dyno close? I talked to the guy from rolling thunder dyno and he stated that most of those PCIII maps from the site are lean.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:22 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

No maps here I've got a DFO, There are literally no Harley shops with a Dyno for a hundred miles from this little po dunk town I live in. There is a Yamaha/Victory/ everything else shop about 10mi away that used to have one but I haven't been in there for a few years I may check it out.I think for now I'll live with it till I figuare out how to tweak the idle mixture on this DFO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Street Bob Black Ceramic Exhaust suggestions?