Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ideas for saddle bags on a 2004 dyna

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like these bags on my '05 WG. I moved the signals to the rearmost hole on the struts but they can be moved back easily enough. Others have moved them back further yet, onto the license plate mount. In that case the lights could be moved back to the stock position later and the plastic mount replaced if the holes made for the signals were objectionable.

Attached Thumbnails ideas for saddle bags on a 2004 dyna-dscf0820.jpg  

Last edited by fhansen; 03-14-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 AM
DOMAPOI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Get a trailer hitch and haul a trailer.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
TurboDog
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LeatherPro Product Coming

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I just bought a Super Glide and while talking with the HD dealership about saddlebags they informed me that LeatherPros is working on a saddlebag design for Dynas that does not require relocating the turn signals. Should be out in 6-8 weeks. I'm on the list to get one of the first sets, so will post pics as soon as possible.

TD

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboDog
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I just bought a Super Glide and while talking with the HD dealership about saddlebags they informed me that LeatherPros is working on a saddlebag design for Dynas that does not require relocating the turn signals. Should be out in 6-8 weeks. I'm on the list to get one of the first sets, so will post pics as soon as possible.

TD
It will be a little sooner than that, I am powdercoating the brackets for the first few pairs today. Hope to take pictures before the weekend.

Garry

Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
RelentlessConviction
Advanced

This is what i landed on with my Wide Glide
Bags:
Willie and Max Raptor Series Standard Slant Saddlebag Set

Bags on Bike (dont have a side pic, sorry)

I moved my blinkers to the last hole and was able to fit them between the shocks and blinkers also able to incorp the hardware for the removable sissy bar.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Karsten - over time, I've really warmed up to the looks of those bags ... those are about the roomiest bags ever produced for the Dynas to my knowledge ... do you have the P/N ...? Also, if I am not mistaken, those are a discontinued item ...?

Those are close to the same capacity as the Road King hard bags if I am not mistaken ... if I were to do it all over I would go with those ...
Surfor Chop, Thanks.....I wasn't sure about the bags when I first bought the SB but they grow on you plus no one else has them either. They are plenty roomy for most day or maybe even a short trip if you packed right.

You are right they have been discontinued so years ago but you might find them New at the HD Store or have your dealer do a search.

The bags were Dyna Big Bags.

HD Part # is 90300-98A and on mine the other side is marked 90301-98A ( I am not sure why unless 301 is a replacement bag)

You can find them on Ebay from time to time but be sure they include the mounting frame.

Here is a link for a new set.....Pricy but not that bad for the quality of the bags.

http://www.speedsupplies.com/accesso...asp?item=39217

Karsten

Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

The price is steep but I really like the Boss bags on my 04 Dyna. They are quick detachable with almost nothing exposed as far as mounts when they are removed. I believe I had to move the rear turn signals though.

Last edited by Ridewva; 03-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM
TurboDog
Stage IV

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
It will be a little sooner than that, I am powdercoating the brackets for the first few pairs today. Hope to take pictures before the weekend.

Garry
Fantastic! I live in Neenah, so if you need anyone to "field test" them for you, let me know!

Rod

Old 03-17-2012, 10:34 AM
timetaride
Advanced

I knew there would be a truckload of good ideas due to posting this question. Next time he comes by I will have this for him to consider.......thanks for all the replies..
Ride safe and often.....MARK

Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fhansen
I like these bags on my '05 WG. I moved the signals to the rearmost hole on the struts but they can be moved back easily enough. Others have moved them back further yet, onto the license plate mount. In that case the lights could be moved back to the stock position later and the plastic mount replaced if the holes made for the signals were objectionable.
Are "these bags" Cortech throwovers? They do look nice.

Quick Reply: ideas for saddle bags on a 2004 dyna