Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback and Caliper Bolt Covers...don't bother I guess?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 AM
numismaddict
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Switchback and Caliper Bolt Covers...don't bother I guess?

Thought I'd get some (relatively) cheap bling so I bought the front and rear caliper bolt covers set.

I could only get two of the larger ones to fit on the front. Can't seem to get the other two on the black "top" caliper bolts, and I even messed up the remaining two covers trying too hard. As to the two I DID get on, they do look pretty good (along with the caliper trim piece "aluminator" which I also bought.) And I don't even see where the two smaller ones go.

For the rear, I couldn't get any of the three large covers to fit and I don't see where the two smaller ones go here, either. Who cares? It's behind the saddblebag most of the time anyway. Did put the calper trim piece ("aluminator" again) on though, since I had blown my money on that, too.

I don't know whether it's me or not. Maybe these just don't fit the Switchback. As we all seem to be learning, that would not be a total surprise.

So, short version: I guess you shouldn't waste your money on any of this, even though it's not a lot.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM
cecharles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good advice! I think we might have to wait a while for them to sort out what fits on our FLDs.
Weather is slowly getting better so I think soon we'll be able to go for a ride down your way. I'll give you a heads up next time we have a warm weekend so the wife can stand riding all day.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
numismaddict
Cruiser
Wink Cecharles: come to Hell!

(Notice I resisted saying "go"!)

Will be happy to have you visit when it is more appropriately "warm" in the area!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:31 AM
cecharles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the wife won't want to ride if it's a cold day in Hell.
I'm used to riding in the cold and it was 31* yesterday morning when I left for work. Good thing I had some hot coffee waiting for me when I got to work.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM
numismaddict
Cruiser
Red face COLD? Nah

Have ridden to work in the past month about as cold as 25. Won't go below that I think. Maybe I should get around to hooking up my heated gloves? I bought them because they fit the best, but as I was messing with my new horn wiring, I thought that maybe I could do the gloves too. Just have to find some time and warmth (garage isn't heated.)

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

just use hot toppers they come in every size you can think of, or pull the stock bolts and polish them