Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prescription Transition Riding Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:24 PM
dkennedy
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Prescription Transition Riding Glasses

Where is the best place or website to order Prescription Transition riding sunglasses? My contacts are always bothering me so I was thinking about prescription sunglasses, and so I didn't have to order two pair was thinking about transition lenses. Any advise would be great. Thank you.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
lk3k9
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opticsplanet.com is a good source for script eyewear including safety/riding options. I've been through many pairs of riding glasses and found the best thing for me are goggles that are big enough to fit over my prescription glasses but slim enough to still look decent. The latest pair I have came with 3 different lenses (yellow, clear, smoke), fit over my glasses, and don't look all that bad. Most importantly they are about 10% of the cost of transition prescription riding glasses.

Last edited by lk3k9; 04-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought some online from SportRx ... I did a little shopping around and comparing prices on the internet after seeing a handful of ads in American Iron magazine ... found SportRx to be the best price I could find in a couple of days of dicking around ...

A little over a year ago I gave around $150 (don't recall the exact price) for transition lenses with prescription ... basic color is amber (for night riding) so that added a little to the base price ...

On the particular frame I got, the right temple broke after about 6 months (and then the replacement broke within a week or two) ... they were really good about replacing them ... both times ... have not had any issues with the glasses since them ... working like a champ ...

The frame style has a place on the temple where an elastic strap can be clipped in to hold them on like goggles ... when the temple broke, I temporarily cut off the left side at the same place and used the strap to hold them on ... worked pretty well and I was considering letting it ride ... but, when the temples arrived in the mail, I replaced them ...

My prescription is really mild ... don't use glasses on a routine basis ... but, at night I found I was squinting to read signs ... so, I really like having the prescription transition lense sunglasses ...

R/
'Chop

Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

wiley x's for sure... my bro and dad own a few optical clinics so most of my buddies get their riding glasses through them and their clinics... wiley x also makes some great glasses, i rock them in transitions and the womens frames are really nice, wife has a few sets

Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

you can get a great pair of wiley x prescription lenses and frames with transition lenses on opticsplanet.com . I have bought several pairs of glasses from them and they are top notch . Another option is to buy a pair of wiley x frames from them with the case and foam padding and have your local eye glasses place get lenses to fit them. I have done both and both work out well.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

I have a set of eye-one riding goggles. They are bifocals with removeable foam. The are $$$ though, but are the best so far.

The issue for me is trying the frames before you buy. The frames must seal good. I wouldn't want to commit to getting the script until I knew the frames fit.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a set of transition lenses and found when driving towards the sun, the lenses don't get dark enough, so i still have to squint, but they do get nice and clear for night riding.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mine get BLACK when they change... dark!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Supermachine
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sportrx.com i have the wiley airrage frame, liked em so much i have 1 clear pair and 1 tinted pair

Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM
squarej
Cruiser

I like the WileyX but I was told I could only get them in clear to grey2.
Is this true or is there other options like yellow to grey?

Jamie

Quick Reply: Prescription Transition Riding Glasses