Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Angry Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service

Guys take this as you may... Just a some info if you are considering a tire purchase. Here are 2 experiences:

My father-in-law had a bubble in his front tire, so he sent Metzler pics. They replied they weren't clear enough, so he sent more.

Their answer: He didn't fill the tire pressure properly (he has a 9 second drag bike and an 11 second bagger!) I think he can fill tire preassure.

Total miles on my new Metzler = less than 300miles
Past week I came back from a ride and looked at my front tire to notice a perfect chuck to be missing. I submitted photo to motorcycle superstore where i made the purchase for my tires. They email Metzler and 2 days later said that Metzler is requesting BETTER PICTURES. OK so I did. Another few days later a rep from the superstore emails: "Per Metzeler it was hard for them to see the damage because of the flash… At this time we would suggest you go ahead and return tire for warranty so we can get it forwarded to Metzeler for inspection."

-----so a month later i can be told that it;s not warranty and i miss out on riding---- I guess this is ok in WINTER!

Pic was taken in the natural sun the second time like I was asked to do(PICS ATTACHED below)

Unfortunatly I dont want to replace my rear with another brand, so i'm going to buy a metzelr front, but for my next tires and other bikes I will 100% get another brand.

Whether I rode over something or the compund wasn't set right Metzler should have been straight forward and replied with a definity answer!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 AM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...
That pretty shameless of them to stall and put the blame on the buyer.

My dealer handles everything. I have the tire warranty along with the bike extended warranty. If it isn't below min tread, its replaced no questions asked no matter what the issue is - nail, blow out etc....

Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out the new Michelin Commander II. Great reviews so far and priced right. I just put some on my bike last week. Nice so far.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:50 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Classic duck and run! Cowards!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 AM
oppirs
Road Warrior

You only want your Metz from here....

Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

IDK...I still need less camera flash w/those outdoor shots...

JK - that blows & thanks for making us aware of another stellar customer service incident by a company who probably outsourced support to the far East.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM
oppirs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Iceman24
that blows & thanks for making us aware of another stellar customer service incident by a company who probably outsourced support to the far East.
It's Brazil, but still the same cheap-ing out a super nice tire! The OP at this point, should demand Germany made only! If it a German tire then I'd be shocked!

Last edited by oppirs; 04-18-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

There is no need for the run around.

Yeah I just expected better service since I bought their rear & front tires & inner tubes! (Close to $400 purchase)

Just trying to give my experience to the next buyer, but w/o a doubt next round of tires I will be a different brand for sure. Whether the tire damage is my fault or not the pictures cant get any clearer. I just wanted a definite answer.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 04-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
turn8a
Road Captain

I would have no problem running two different brand tires on a bike . I would switch to what ever brand front tire you want and still run the metzler in the rear till it needs replacing .

Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That blows. I use to run Metzlers on my crotch rocket and thought they were awesome. Glad I never had any issues back then when I was doing 100+

Quick Reply: Beware Metzler Horrible Warranty & Service