Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage One ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stage One ?

I have a 2011 Wide Glide. Just ordered a Bassani 2-1 Road Rage Exhaust and a RSD Air Cleaner. Has anyone done a 2-1 exhaust, stage one air box and HAS NOT done a fuel management modification? Thanks for all response in advance...

Last edited by retxpres; 05-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do not think anyone has ever done that. Nor do I think it has ever been discussed in this forum.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock Enthusiast
I do not think anyone has ever done that. Nor do I think it has ever been discussed in this forum.
Oh, probably not worth doing a search then?

Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sarcasm aside. One of my friends is running a similar setup an his bike is running fine without a tuner. It could run better if he had it tuned but he said he notices a power increase. I've always heard that the concern is the bike running lean, his runs rich.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 PM
fmf979
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
Oh, probably not worth doing a search then?
Being new to this forum & Harley myself help would be appreciated with questions like this one. Did you ever do a search on something like this when you have know idea what is BS and true?

You get answers on threads from 4 years ago and myself I would like to hear things that are current and possibly more accurate from more experience? The point of this I thought?

Maybe welcome questions with help instead of sarcasm. Maybe if you see a thread thats been done in your mind maybe read it and say nothing or possibly just dont read it?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM
fmf979
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retxpres
I have a 2011 Wide Glide. Just ordered a Bassani 2-1 Road Rage Exhaust and a RSD Air Cleaner. Has anyone done a 2-1 exhaust, stage one air box and HAS NOT done a fuel management modification? Thanks for all response in advance...

I used some xieds and so far I am happy obviously it will be pointed out they are not perfect but they add more fuel and for 100 bucks I would say you cant beat them if ac and pipes are all you plan.

In the searches i have done I have heard things like do the pipes ride it a while let the ecm adjust then do the ac. My neighbor just did it with a softtail but hasnt ridden it enough to really know how it works. From my research I would atleast do xieds i dont see much bad about them.

Not sure if it helps but i am sure alot of people have done it with nothing but are afraid to post their results for the constant ridicule they will recieve from the NASA engineers here. The ones concerned with setting their bikes for horse power and the twisties...you know all the stuff harley's are known for...

Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,825 Likes on 821 Posts

Never understood why people get upset when someone new asks a simple question!

retxpres,

With what you have, and if you're not planning any more changes, the simple dealer download works great.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
chamba
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think they were upset, I think they were making you a better man. Why wouldn't you thank them for the info on the search feature.
I was a NOOB too, and I got the hint to search and find the sweetspots that led me to install my own progressives, when I thought I did not have that ability. Since then I have stepped lightly and learned enough to maintain my Harley by myself, which is what I was after when I came here.
when it comes to fuel management and pipes and stage one, there is enough treasure already here to not need to dig a new hole. the answer is..... you will need some fuel management, unless you do the upgrade and notice nothing that needs adjustment. which is not likely.
Sorry OP if you felt those boys were mean to you, but they weren't. they were hinting that you might do a little research first. Most of the members ARE here to help you, and we appreciate the NOOB factor, just let us know what else we can do to help.
happy posting...

Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ret, welcome to the forums. You might run ok without fuel management although the prognosis is for a lean a/f mix. no damage and the ecu will adapt, but once you try running your machine with tuning you will notice the difference, And you will never turn back!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if your tight on cash, then do the XEID's from nightrider.com. For 100 bucks its well worth it. It will get more fuel and your engine will run cooler.

Then save up for a tuner and you'll be set

Quick Reply: Stage One ?