Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCT Thunder Monsters in V+H Big Shots Staggered Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM
RealityShifter
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCT Thunder Monsters Installed in V+H Big Shots Staggered

Just wanted to document my experience with these new pipes (for me). I had the Rush Slip-ons 2" and wanted something a little louder. I choose the V+H Big Shots Staggered because they looked great. After the install and test ride, I was expecting a little deeper sound and didnt care much for the higher frequencies I was hearing while driving it down the road.

Enter buying the BCT Thunder monster baffles. It kinda funny seeing the difference side by side of the Thunder Monsters and the stock baffles. The BCT's are so much smaller and it looks like they basically are just a tube with a washer welded at the rear. Anyway, I removed the stock baffles, drilled a new hole for the Thunder monsters at 7.5" into the pipes and secured them into place.

The sound with the Thunder Monsters was deeper, but also alot louder. Too loud in my opinion for any kind of long distance riding or with a passenger. Id describe it loudness one step down from a straight pipe and maybe somewhat deeper.

After scouring the internet I found that some guys sawed off their old stock baffles (I sawed mine down to 5" and re-installed them in the original hole, behind the Thunder monsters) that were removed and re-installed them. Now, the sound is much more ride-able and perhaps even a little deeper, and sounds great. This is what id recommend to anyone that has the same situation happen to them.

Last edited by RealityShifter; 05-01-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Pics would have been awesome