Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Evolution OF Black Betty.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:28 PM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Evolution OF Black Betty.....

I can remember so clearly the day I bought my bike. I was so happy that I owned a harley that I really couldn't imagine upgrades.

About 2000 miles and three weeks later I wrecked it. I couldn't imagine putting stock parts back on. Also just had to go a little custom.

Also here's the dyno for that setup.

Then I found this site. I didn't know you were supposed to have winter projects. So there were a few things that need changed. I also met joe...my powder dealer!!!

Man what a beautiful bike it was. Damn but here's another winter....
I also added cams, new dyno...

But then I started touring a bit more, and it was coming up on winter, bike paid off, needed more power!

And of course more power means more dyno...

I am saving for a better tuner now. My guy says with a SERT and baffle change he can tune out that dip and probably get me over the 100hp bump. I'm also goin to do the throttle body exchange with joe and do bigger injectors before the tune.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM
jshull
Road Master
Default Current rundown

- 16" nash pudgy gimps
- +4 idle/throttle, +4 clutch, +2 brake
- 2" nash slugger risers polished
- polished primary, cam cover, transmission cover, clutch release cover
- hd side plates and tall sissy bar
- 2008 dyna rear fender
- rwd shorty forty front fender
- kuryakan lowpro red led taillight
- hogrida laydown plate
- chrome axle caps
- arlen ness smooth black soft grips
- fatbob rear shocks 12", 1" progressive front springs
- sherwin williams hot rod black (paint shop did for free, got laid off or would have been powder pro)
- hd 2011 superglide custom embloms
- semi gloss black lowers, trees, forward controls, sissy bar, side plates, dash, bars, clutch perch, master cylinder, levers, headlight bucket, mirror
- semi gloss black lowrider dash, tach and wiring harness
- c&c square back custom, back extra 2" and 15" wide
- Rakaposhi leather saddlebags, great bags for the $.
- 21" front 120/70/21 17" rear 170/60/17 metzlers
- rinehart 2 into 1
- screaming eagle red 10mm wires
- 54h cams
- 30t pulley
- clutch spring,
- se compensator,
- heavy breather
- don dorfman heads, jugs
- manual comp release
- 103" kb pistons
- hd oil cooler (26110-05)
- pcv (custom tune)
- FLD floorboard set up

Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

not bad numbers though those look pretty baller! my tuner told me the same thing... as did Don on here has well... the Sert just does not let a tuner play with the tables enough... i was going to do the mastertune change that Don told me about...
http://www.mastertune.net/SERTUpgrade.html

however my tuner said that the guy doing the upgrade is the same guy that designed the SERT... he sugested i either pop on an auto tune or just pocket the cash and leave the SERT... i can not speak about how true all that is exp after the great results i heard Don had but i left it...

i would think that the TB, injectors, and baffle change would get you where you want to be... + the TB will help you get even better numbers out of the TQ... and it can be coated in any color you can imagine man! let me know when your ready we have one in the shop ready to rock!

Old 06-23-2012, 02:47 PM
jshull
Road Master

Originally Posted by JRK5892
not bad numbers though those look pretty baller! my tuner told me the same thing... as did Don on here has well... the Sert just does not let a tuner play with the tables enough... i was going to do the mastertune change that Don told me about...
http://www.mastertune.net/SERTUpgrade.html

however my tuner said that the guy doing the upgrade is the same guy that designed the SERT... he sugested i either pop on an auto tune or just pocket the cash and leave the SERT... i can not speak about how true all that is exp after the great results i heard Don had but i left it...

i would think that the TB, injectors, and baffle change would get you where you want to be... + the TB will help you get even better numbers out of the TQ... and it can be coated in any color you can imagine man! let me know when your ready we have one in the shop ready to rock!
It will be just a little bit before I'm ready. Need to sell some stuff to speed op the saving process!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
jshull
Road Master

I just got back from Arkansas on a week long trip. What a fricken blast!!! Best part of these trips

And here she is in full dress! Notice the clearview barn door!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Looks great man.

Looks like you had some fun on that 14 miles of crooked and steep road.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

Justin, that torque dip on your dyno sheet is from the the pipe. I have the same pipe and I have the same torque dip although not as much as yours. My #s are real similar (101 & 104) I was going to go to a SuperTrapp pipe on the recommendation of my tuner to rid myself of that torque dip but I decided fu@k it. My bike runs sweet now and changing to a SuperTrapp would require another tune. TTS is the way to go. You can also calibrate your speedo to compensate for the pulley change which you can't do with a SERT. Your man is correct about the same guy who did the SERT wrote the TTS. Trust me....the only way to get rid of the dip in torque is a pipe change. If Doc couldn't get it out then I think no one can with that pipe.

Last edited by thedonthere; 06-24-2012 at 11:18 AM.